Start planning on Lane Automotives annual car show on May 23

Matt McClung

Hotair guy who owns a I/C
Lets see if we can get a group together for the Lane show this year. We got three GN's sitting together last year. This is a great show for those of you that do not know about it, and you can register for the show at Lane Automotives website. There is no cost to be in the show and you get to tour Lanes wharehouse, not to mention check out their showroom and catolog, plenty of toys geared for the gearhead. Plus all of the vendors come out to show off their new products, such as holley, edelbrock, tci, mallory, etc. to many to list. The show is getting pretty close to the 2000 show car count, I know that last year had more that 1500. Check out the website and lets see if we can get a meeting spot planned out along I-94 and then go to Lane together, that way we can all park together.

Welcome to Lane Automotive

Matt

count me in

I Will Be There ! Someone Told Me Last Year They All Cruised The Night Before The Show?

I Will Be There ! Someone Told Me Last Year They All Cruised The Night Before The Show?

Yeah, the actual show is Saturday, but on Friday night they have the cruise in and the open header cruise through town:eek: , very loud indeed! So if you have a dump pipe, uncork it and have fun! I will be there Friday night and Saturday morning for the show. I was thinking of the place to meet, I know that it is more convenient for people heading to Lane on westbound I-94, but I was thinking of the rest area 1 mile east of Lane's exit (which is exit 41 ), the rest area is on the westbound side, so people going eastbound would have to go past Lane to the next exit east and turn around to go back to the rest area. Just a thought but I think this would be a good place to meet whereas a business might not like any loitering of thier lot. Any other ideas?

Matt

Goooood gravy Marie that is a hike but pencil this boy in!

I have it on my calendar :)

Matt, I don't remember if you are in the MBTC but can I send around a note to them in case any wish to attend?

t-typex1 - if you go maybe we can caravan together?

Will

Hello Renthorin, yes I am in the MBTC, and we have met before at one of your gatherings in Chelsea. As a matter of fact I purchased a centercap from you at that gathering. Anyway, it would be great if you can make it, this show usually has about five to seven turbo buicks even without the planned ahead meeting. It is really a good show with a lot to see, not to mention all of the vendors that are there showing their stuff off.

Matt

Lane's Automotive Show

Do you have to pre-register for the show? Once you decide where and when you plan to meet, update the post and I'll see if I can make it. Sounds like a good show.

you can pre register for the show through their website. I have a link for the website near the top of the thread. It is free and it is a good show.

Matt

Thanks. When you set up a time and meeting place to drive in together, please post it.

Pictures Lane 2008

I have pictures from 2008 when I was there.
I have been to Lane for past several years.
It also comes down to the weather!
It can make or break the event.
I will try to make it this year!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 221
What time did you guys get there to get those spots? The day before the show? We went last year, and it was great, but we got to Lane at 6:30 and was car #700, out in the field in front of the store. Paul

Lane

Those pictures were shot after the car show.
I did manage to get an excellent parking spot anyway.
I got there real late around 12 noon and people were leaving already.
They gave me a spot up by the front door.
I started driving my 68 El Camino and blew out an oil pan gasket.
I went home and got the GN instead.
It all worked out for the best!
Your right it is hard to get a good parking spot.
Jason
AffordableGN

Hey, I remember you taking those photos! That is me second from the left next to my 86 gn on the first photo.

Matt