"Stance is Everything"

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
20130909_111755.jpg

This was taken today 9/9/13

Since installing the new Ridetech single adjustable coil over shocks I have been dialing in the ride height a little bit at a time and the drivability as well and I must say there has been a dramatic improvement in how the car rides and handles!

First while adjusting the ride height I was able to lower the car another 1/2" in the rear and actually raise the front by 1/4" in attempt to level the car out more to get rid of the "80's Racked look" that was due to my rear tires being way too tall compared to the fronts so I got some new rear tires the other day to remedy that situation. I went from a 285/40-18 to a 295/35-18 which is wider but shorter and just by doing that it lowered the car again about another 1" in the rear and I now have absolutely NO RUBBING issues like I did before with the old 285/40 tires! Going wider but shorter was a Win-Win I guess...

Lowering the car in the rear made Drastic changes to the cars weight Bias! In a Good way... :D

BFG KDW.jpg

My car was higher than that and still rubbed :confused:. I guess it has to be the higher tire height and associated flex. How tight did you set the coil-overs?

My car was higher than that and still rubbed :confused:. I guess it has to be the higher tire height and associated flex. How tight did you set the coil-overs?
The tire '' Height" is Very important when lowering the car at all. Now I can have 3 adults in the car with absolutely no rubbing at all.

With the shocks all the way set at "Stiff" I am 6 clicks out in the front and 4 clicks out in the rear.

so do you still have the nitto on the front? How much wider are they physically?

so do you still have the nitto on the front? How much wider are they physically?
I still have the Toyo's up front for about 2 more days then the BFG's will be on the front (same size).. The 295's are physically 1/2" - 1" wider but because i went "shorter" they actually fit better.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How do you like those tires? Didn't you have toyo r1r tires before?
So far they are fantastic! I had the Toyo T1r's which were a great street tire and wore great too.

So far they are fantastic! I had the Toyo T1r's which were a great street tire and wore great too.

Word. Ive been thinking of going to more of a road race tire next when ever my nt05 dr's wear out since i dont do too many boosted launches lol.

hello people; Is your speedo reading correctly? If so what did you do?
IBBY

hello people; Is your speedo reading correctly? If so what did you do?
IBBY
Reads correct! Didn't do anything cause the stock tires (215/65-15) are 26" tall and my new 295/35-18's are 26.1" tall... Can't get much closer than that!

I still have the Toyo's up front for about 2 more days then the BFG's will be on the front (same size).. The 295's are physically 1/2" - 1" wider but because i went "shorter" they actually fit better.

Same size as the rear, or same size as what's on the front now? What size is the front now?

Same size as the rear, or same size as what's on the front now? What size is the front now?
Meant as same size as whats on there now 255/35-18. I would have stepped up to a 265/35-18 but virtually non available...
Tire sizing actually sucks! The new BFG Rivals don't come in any of my sizes and now BFG is phasing out these KDW2's.

Now that you've change things around what are your front to rear weights, cross weights, and wheel to wheel bias Scott.

Looks good Scot! If BFG starts offering more sizes on the Rivals check them out for sure, I think you will love them.

All the sponsor decals are on (Except Ridetech, they are bringing them) and the new BFG's on the front now.... I'm ready for some autocross!

Rtth.jpg

RTTH 2.jpg