stalling

blackbox

Alright here we go again. The car starts up fine, i pull out and start driving. It will let me drive for about 20 minutes then dies almost every time. I try to restart and engine turnsover and i have power to the car but no start. If i sit for awhile it will start up fine. I seems to also need more time before restarting if im driving on a hot day. Im also having a very high KR problem around 15+ every time i hit WOT.

Some readings from scanmaster at idle.

AF 4-5
L8 30-32
INT 128
bL 117
r 800-850
tps .42
IAC 23-30
no codes
02s 710-730

Sounds like you need a new fuel pump. You need to put a gauge on the fuel rail and see what you got.

It might also be your ignition module. Ive seen those do the same thing when they get hot.

I have a gauge mounted on the rail but i want to get a hood mounted one so i can watch whats going on at all time. Ive heard about the module giving people problems when it gets hot. The funny thing is i tried once to make it die by driving it around and letting it idle in the middle of the day for about 45 min and it did nothing.

pretty much, coil pack bolted on top of ign mod, when it stalls out, didja flip key back on and listen for fuel pump? reach under and slap bottem of fuel tank and fuel pump kick back on?

actually i didnt pay attention to the fuel pump sound. When i get time ill get it to die again and listen for the pump. I am leaning toward the pump though. It is about 4 years old now.

actually i didnt pay attention to the fuel pump sound. When i get time ill get it to die again and listen for the pump. I am leaning toward the pump though. It is about 4 years old now.

yeah try pump first, when you seperate the coils from the module theres some dielectric goo that sticks between the coils and the mod and id guess when replacing if you dont have enough spread around like butter on bread it may cause a hot spot.. not 100% on that but common sence would lead me to beleve that might happen.

Mike