Stage 2 tuning question.

Tim Barnum

I got my stage 2 motor back and installed in my car. The combo is a 153 on center, stage 2 heads, 230 solid roller cam, stock ecm, 83 lb injectors, T76 turbo, 3" maf with translator and so on. The car runs good with the stock mass air hooked up but it won't run good with the translator and the 3" maf. I've set all of the switches on the translator but it still cuts out under a load. Anyone have a solution? Thanks Tim

Dood!! You've got a lot of money in your combo. I greatly stress that you buy a good wide band and loose the MAF.

Get the new Translator Pro. You won't need your MAF anymore and the adjustability is infinite.

http://www.maftpro.com

Tim Barnum said:
I got my stage 2 motor back and installed in my car. The combo is a 153 on center, stage 2 heads, 230 solid roller cam, stock ecm, 83 lb injectors, T76 turbo, 3" maf with translator and so on. The car runs good with the stock mass air hooked up but it won't run good with the translator and the 3" maf. I've set all of the switches on the translator but it still cuts out under a load. Anyone have a solution? Thanks Tim

With all the money you have in your project now, don't waste time on anything other than an after market fuel management system. It's too risky!!
You can pick up a good used F.A.S.T. Bank to Bank system fairly inexpensively right now or preferably an SEFI. The better choice would their new XFI unit.

Give Cal Hartline a call. I'm sure he can fix you up. He'll steer you right ! :)

George

Even a gen 6 with wideband tuning will help!

Tim Barnum said:

Tim, I'm running the translator and the timing box (should have waited for the trans-plus.) Anyways, with a 3.5 MAF, it's running great. What chip are you running? Kinda sounds like somethings wrong with either your translator box or you MAF.

Still, I'm thinking about that translator pro. MAFless would be cool. :cool:

Call Cal

Periodically, Cal has used FAST boxes he takes in for trade. You may want to call him and he may make you a deal you can't refuse, and his customer support and tuning are some of the best in the Buick business. :D

Thanks George & Ted! I currently have 2 used FAST in stock. Sent Tim a PM

I figured it out. I had a 3" MAF :rolleyes: I switched to a 3.5" maf and it runs better but needs to be fine tuned. I'm running the Extreme chip. I'll probably switch to a stand alone system later this year when more car funds come avaliable. ;) Thanks Tim