stage 2 suspension

I got a Wolfe bar, Hotchkis Lowers and adjustable uppers. Consistant 1.37 sixty foots. I know I can still get my sixty foots down more if I launch harder. I think the Wolfe bar is viewed by the masses as a race only deal. Not true. I drive this car alot in the summertime and you would never know it is under the car. Beautiful street manners. Even got 3" tailpipes on the car existing in the stock locations with lots of room around the pipe.

I know that I might be crazy, but the car does not have a cage in it. I am thinking about selling it and I have had a lot of people tell me that they wouldn't want a caged car. I am definately not going to run it in the quarter without one though, that mph would be real scary with no cage!
Mike

I mean this in the nicest way..... Mike, you have issues!!
If you intend to sell the car do it and let someone else take the risk. The best swaybar won't make up for what the car will be doing under that kind of power without some kind of cage to keep it straight. At the very least turn that power down and sneak up on it. No swaybar, no cage, but a 1000+ horsepower motor? Mike, that is the worse thing you can do. Building power like that without the proper safety equipment is not a risk I am willing to take anymore.

Greg Kring

Fresh med rate Moog Springs, Metco Uppers & Lowers, 9" Ford (w/locker & 3.90), roll cage, body bushings, reinforced frame, Wolf/HR Parts Sway Bar, adj. shocks and scaled by someone that knows how to do it right, should make you a player.
I like the HR Bar because it was so easy to install and works so fine.

How similar are the Wolfe/HR sway bars to the old ATR bar?

I can commiserate with Duosold in not wanting to have a track car for the street. I had the old ATR 1 3/8ths bar on my car when I bought it, and though it cornered flat, it really rode horribly. The car also had poly bushings, and some Rancho shocks if I remember, and would jump sideways over bumps in the highway at 80 mph. I'm sure that was better for the track than what I changed it to, but I drive my car everywhere, and having a suspension that kicks you in the butt every time you hit a frost heave is unacceptable. Do the Wolfe/HR bars act that way, by overpowering the natural suspension movement, or are they more sublte? I would not recommend the ATR bar to anyone, though a lot of folks have them. For my faster car build, I' hope these newer bars work better than the ATR bar. YMMV. John.

I disagree. I always wonder if guys are deflating your airbags for the street? I had the ATR bar and the HR bar. Both cornered good and both didn't affect my ride much (if any). Actually made the car feel "good" like BMW vs Cadillac. But I always deflated my airbags completely on the street. Any pressure at all would make a car choppy.

If you really think about it. the sway bar shouldn't affect things much unless it's solid like a wolfe bar. Any only because it has solid heim joints that transfer everything. Greg, I didn't think your car was that bad at all when you first bought it. It only got harsher with the additional cage - I think.

Any only because it has solid heim joints that transfer everything. Greg, I didn't think your car was that bad at all when you first bought it. It only got harsher with the additional cage - I think.

I agree. However you guys who want 800 horsepower cars but no cage are just nuts in the head. You either want a race car or you don't. Just because you only hotrod it on the street and not at the track doesn't mean you need to skip the safety equipment. Racing is racing, doesn't matter if someone is next to you or it's sanctioned or not. Go back and look at Mike's pictures and how twisted up the car gets and tell me that is a good idea! It looked downright scary at the track, there is just no excuse for that. You are risking your life and others.

Off my soapbox now.

John-when I added the additional cage to get sub 9 second legal we also ditched the southside bars and went with adjustable solid control arms as well which also detracted from the ride quality around town. As fast as that car was it drove better and felt much safer than my old no cage-low 11 daily driver.

Greg