Stage 2 Mustang Cobra build

buickgn6

So I guess I should start by telling you guys that I bought my GN about 10 years ago and drove it for 4 years before putting a stage 2 motor in it. Car only last one summer and for the last 6 years it's been sitting and I've been procrastinating about selling it. So, about 2 months ago I decided to keep the motor/ trans and I took possession of my brothers '93 Mustang Cobra that had a 342 with a single turbo and am going to put my motor in it. I figured it would be something different and the Cobra has been in the family for almost 12 years and this way it stays in the family. Motor is getting sent back to Cotton's to get freshened up and ordering the new FAST, Aeromotive fuel system, wastegate, and whatever else I'll need. Having a chrome-moly k-member made. Gonna have to find someone to make the downpipe and exhaust when I get the motor in. I know it's going to take a lot of work but can't wait.

Gotta still fix the front end due to my brother rearending a BMW some years back.
DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg

Love those 1993 Cobra's. I wanted to buy one brand new when they first came out, but since I was a full time college student and only worked part time I did not qualify at the time. So I had to settle on a used Mustang GT.
I now own my 1993 Mustang GT and a mint 87 GN. Love both cars. What happen to the turbo V8 in the cobra? No matter what motor you put in that is a nice Cobra. I'll be following your progress, who knows I may want to do a 109 motor swap on my 93 GT. :smile:

My brother was lucky. Our uncle had a body shop and was able to go to the auctions and the Cobra sat there for months before they bought it. It had 8500 miles but it had some fire damage. All the plastic and wheels were melted. After a paint job, 98 Cobra wheels and new plastic it was good as new. I think my bro paid around $4000 or so. My first 2 cars were Mustangs too. As for the motor that was in the car, my sister-in-law and nephew happened.

the best of both worlds.....
a cobra thats buick powered :biggrin: