Stage 2 Heads on a Stage 1 Block

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Norbs started a thread about lifters. It got me to wondering. Do aluminum Stage heads work on a on center Stage 1 Block? I have no experience with stage engines but do own some interesting stage parts I have aquired of the years.

I don;t think they ever made an on-center stage 1 block? Can you post some pics? You can put stage heads on a stock block, stage 2 on or off-center block.

Norbs is right. All Stage I blocks were early production and Off center. They shared the same castings as Stage II blocks 25500012 (3.8 liter) and 25500016 (4.1 liter). The deck surface can be drilled for additional bolt holes to allow the use of 14 bolt heads.

True to all of the above, AND........A StageII head WILL bolt to any Stage (I or II) and even a Production block.

Sorry guys I meant to say a off center. Why don't guys use Stage Heads on a 109 block. Because of the bore limitation? Or it too much head for a stock 109 block?

Sorry guys I meant to say a off center. Why don't guys use Stage Heads on a 109 block. Because of the bore limitation? Or it too much head for a stock 109 block?
Because, the headers are not available, and you have to mod heater box basically and mod an intake to work. Too much work for the average guy. If you want to see how stock stage 2 head look here is a pic.

Attachments

• turbodave1.JPG
    turbodave1.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 108
  • turbodave2.JPG
    turbodave2.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 102