Stage 1, ta performace alum heads, blowing smoke and oil out of both breathers after fresh rebuild. less then 300 miles on engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detailed video (after warm up) and detailed pictures please.

The video you posted is not nearly close enough for anyone to draw any conclusions.

Just speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the thing, he apparently doesn’t want to provide anyone with enough detail, as he’s afraid they might reach a conclusion (which wouldn’t be good for his extortion campaign).

And I’m sorry folks, but, I’m sick and tired of coming on here and watching some of our best vendors get berated, demeaned, demoralized, only to find out that said vendor has already offered to fix whatever the issue was.

Not long ago, it Bison who had I think downloaded a tune to a guy (who wanted a refund). And Bison actually gave the guy his money back, just to shut him up. Then, there was the guy hounding Richard Clark about his rebuild (which Mr. Clark had already said bring it back I’ll fix it - NO MATTER WHAT IS THAT IS WRONG OR WHO HAD DONE IT)! He even went so far as to offer this guy a Brand New Crate Motor that he had been holding onto. And now we have this cat attacking Steve V whom we all know is a straight shooter and I know for a fact that’s he fixed many a screw up from other folks rebuilds.

So, where does this end? How do we stop every Tom, Dick and Harry from getting on here and beating on our vendors in an attempt to ruin their good name? Especially when they’ve been offered to fix their issue??

This is wrong folks and we can’t allow it to continue! In that, these folks work very hard for their money! And please don’t tell me they’re getting rich as I know otherwise! In that, they do it for the love of our cars! But, a man can only take so much abuse. And what happens when we’ve allowed these little yappers to run off all of our good vendors. And folks these are very good vendors at that. So, where does it end??

Steve V has offered to fix the mans motor and yet that isn’t good enough? In whose eyes is that right? Because it certainly isn’t right in mine!! But, you just keep letting the little yappers take bites out of our good vendors and watch what happens! As they’ll eventually get a belly full (if they haven’t already) and they’ll close up shop! And i ask you, is that the right outcome here?? I don’t think so, but, maybe you do??

Both those issues were caught and rectified where they not?

If not, then there is an issue that Steve should address.

If they were rectified, what does it have to do with the current situation?

All we have for now is a small video of it smoking out the breathers at idle.

How can you fully diagnose the issue from that video?

What issues?

Umm smoke and A lot of oil everywhere hood pad is soaked but you can’t see it. I don’t want to drive the car because non stand up Steve will say I blew it up and blame me.

Rectified is that what you call brand new products having to be cut and resized. Personally i would have asked to replace my standard new parts, maybe 1 year and 2 rebuilds and possibly a 3rd is rectified for you but not reasonable to me. Most guys build a car to drive not parked with problems due to their engine builder.

there is no extortion here. He blew up my motor it’s documented. He’s showing you text he wants to show you. I would have prolly just let this go. And all I wanted to know what people thought about what was going on with my engine. Not once ever mentioning his name. He decided to do that. He ruined my rods, had my crank cut after he blew it up not once did I come on this board and say anything about him. But the Last straw was when he said who told you to bring it 800 miles away. Now we will handle it in legal matters. I spent tons of money on this build and it is not right.

I went easy on Steve. I felt bad for the guy and let it go. Now I don’t feel bad because he stabbed me in the back. His quirky comments on I shouldn’t have brought the car to a shop 800 miles away. Blaming bob baileys tr6, then saying Changing the ignition system back to stock fixed the problem. Umm no. Then getting Dave Husek involved whole load of stuff I just have to get all my paperwork and stuff together. Then having to replace Turbo because he blew up the motor and went with a bison one. I ate that also.

Chuck,

I have already been in communication with Phil via email. It was after I refused to pay for transportation back to SVA or refund/pay another shop that he came here.

I have all texts documented, lost of Facebook posts, videos on my Instagram account, YouTube channel, and the involvement of some pretty reputable buick gurus on the backside of the entire project from day one.

In my final email to Phil, I said bring yourself and the car back and we will evaluate it together and go from there. That's all SVA has to offer at this point.

We aren't going to PM, feel free to lock or let it run its course. SVA has nothing to hide.

There's another thread in engine tech as well.

Steve V
I will show you the truth I have it on my phone. He was going pay for one way and I was going pay other. But then his stupid remark of I shouldn’t have brought it to a shop 800 miles away. I will take it to the grave. That’s what was said. I came to the board not even mentioning his name I should have months ago when my motor was blown up. But I didn’t out of respect. I know people work hard I work hard myself. 300 miles and my motor is smoking more than ever. Not like I am running 30lbs or boost etc it’s 13 max I’m just neurotic with the heavy duty parts. The demon is 909 hp if There is an issue it goes back to the dealer my car is 450hp max. It should be blowing smoke. This is the negative effect of having a business you will get 5-10 where stuff don’t work out. But to be a douche bag and get other people involved so not cool

there is no extortion here. He blew up my motor it’s documented. He’s showing you text he wants to show you. I would have prolly just let this go. And all I wanted to know what people thought about what was going on with my engine. Not once ever mentioning his name. He decided to do that. He ruined my rods, had my crank cut after he blew it up not once did I come on this board and say anything about him. But the Last straw was when he said who told you to bring it 800 miles away. Now we will handle it in legal matters. I spent tons of money on this build and it is not right.

You can take it to court, if that’s what you want! As it’s your money, and attorneys certainly don’t mind taking it from you. However, when the man offers to fix whatever is wrong, and he even offers to pay for a portion of the shipping? And yet you refuse?

Well, let’s just say that you’re gonna have a long row to hoe, if you think you’ll get a judge to grant you any money (when this man has clearly offered to warranty his work in an open forum). As he’ll ask you straight up, why you didn’t jump at his offer! In that, he didn’t have to offer to pay half the shipping! And like it or not, that’s just the facts. So, here’s a hint, you’re still not helping your case any, if that is your intent!!

Chuck, I posted on the board not to expose anyone but to find out what my problem was. I posted no emails had no one get involved I’ve been on here since 2001 with no issues. Can I post the engine smoking?
The issue is, making 2 threads, on the same topic.
One is sufficient to get responses.

Coming out of Steve’s mouth

Attachments

• C1E5FD10-FECB-4F93-B2A2-66DC831FD590.jpeg
    C1E5FD10-FECB-4F93-B2A2-66DC831FD590.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 109
I will never bring my car back to him. he has lied over and over. he is only showing you half of the truth remember that. I wanted to bring the car back to him in dec he said phil I have a full house and have no room for you, same thing he said in last text. He all off a sudden is not responsible etc. I don't care what he shows you. I have the text on phone that tell a different story. I didn't come on here wanting anything back from him. but the disrespect and lies made me post here in the first place.

And a few more random screenshots of our conversations along the path. About the engine and why it failed.
why do you think I mentioned Richard clark because you threw him under the bus because of the mix and matched bearings that he recommended to you.

why do you think I mentioned Richard clark because you threw him under the bus because of the mix and matched bearings that he recommended to you.

I was at Steve V’s shop building my engine and trans almost the entire time your car was there to include when it was complete and good to go. I drove behind your car for around 20 miles thru side roads and highway. It had zero smoke, zero issues.

Steve V is the most honest and loyal turbo buick mechanic I have ever met, even among a large network of mechanics I have known for 15+ years. I understand you are not satisfied but bashing his name is unprofessional and not cool. He has offered to help you out by looking at it again yet you resist and are providing a vague diagnostic. If it’s something he messed up he will stand by it, so either give him a chance or count your losses and move on.

Now onto the issue with your breathers.....I had the same issue with my current build and it was because I had the same style breathers you do. It puked oil everywhere....I’d be willing to bet it created a worse oil leak than yours. I ordered baffled breathers from summit racing and my issue went away. My rockers were slinging oil up into the breather and seaping out. I’d be willing to bet yours is doing the exact same thing. And mine didn’t leak right away either....took some time driving around for oil to make its way everywhere. As for the smoke coming out, it could be the saturated oil on those filters burning or I know it’s still cold in New York and could be because of that....same concept of when it’s cold out, everyone’s exhaust looks like it smoking due to a difference in temperature.

That’s my .02

Since Phil posted in more then one place I would like to add my 2 cents....not because I know Steve but that I stand up for what’s right even if my friend was wrong, I’d make it known.

I was at Steve V’s shop building my engine and trans almost the entire time your car was there to include when it was complete and good to go. I drove behind your car for around 20 miles thru side roads and highway. It had zero smoke, zero issues.

Steve V is the most honest and loyal turbo buick mechanic I have ever met, even among a large network of mechanics I have known for 15+ years. I understand you are not satisfied but bashing his name is unprofessional and not cool. He has offered to help you out by looking at it again yet you resist and are providing a vague diagnostic. If it’s something he messed up he will stand by it, so either give him a chance or count your losses and move on.

Now onto the issue with your breathers.....I had the same issue with my current build and it was because I had the same style breathers you do. It puked oil everywhere....I’d be willing to bet it created a worse oil leak than yours. I ordered baffled breathers from summit racing and my issue went away. My rockers were slinging oil up into the breather and seaping out. I’d be willing to bet yours is doing the exact same thing. And mine didn’t leak right away either....took some time driving around for oil to make its way everywhere. As for the smoke coming out, it could be the saturated oil on those filters burning or I know it’s still cold in New York and could be because of that....same concept of when it’s cold out, everyone’s exhaust looks like it smoking due to a difference in temperature.

That’s my .02

Getdowngranny you obviously need a nap you seem to be 6 pack short of a dozen if you cannot see what Phil is going through and who caused the problems. He is not asking for a favour he paid hard earned cash to have a job done which was done piss poorly. The builder has admitted to 2 previous issues, have you heard the phrase 3 strikes and you are out. Steve is out and should have someone else look into it and do the right thing.

It is good Steve is showing his true colors. He knows there is a serious issue here but he blame everyone but himself he sure was quick to take my money and sell me the kitchen sink. Lots of lies. I couldn't live with myself lying like that. especially when he wanted to sell the blown turbo that he ruined when he blew up the motor with the mix and match bearings.

Getdowngranny you obviously need a nap you seem to be 6 pack short of a dozen if you cannot see what Phil is going through and who caused the problems. He is not asking for a favour he paid hard earned cash to have a job done which was done piss poorly. The builder has admitted to 2 previous issues, have you heard the phrase 3 strikes and you are out. Steve is out and should have someone else look into it and do the right thing.

So what, the builder made mistakes.....we all make mistakes, no one is perfect....he owned up to them and did not charge the customer. But that is not relevant to the issue Phil is having now in which Steve has offered to help. The issue Phil is having could be something as simple as the rockers sling oil out of the breathers (very common with aftermarket rockers), not the mechanical aspect of the build at all. There is clearly no diagnosis as of right now so why automatically blame the builder?

It is good Steve is showing his true colors. He knows there is a serious issue here but he blame everyone but himself he sure was quick to take my money and sell me the kitchen sink. Lots of lies. I couldn't live with myself lying like that. especially when he wanted to sell the blown turbo that he ruined when he blew up the motor with the mix and match bearings.

Obviously you didn’t read my post, buy some baffled breathers on it....my car did the same thing, made a huge mess, and now for less than 100 bucks it is good. Stop blaming the builder and try some simple stuff first.

Status
Not open for further replies.