stage 1 oil pan and timing cover

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
is the oil pan for a 4.1 stage 1 block the same as a production 4.1 oil pan? also, what about the timing cover, came as a 3.8 109 block's?

not the same....

The production 4.1 oil pan does not have a baffle, so it is not the same for as for a turbo application, even though it has the 14 bolt pattern.

The timing cover from a 109 block is drilled for 3 pan bolts, and the Stage blocks use the early cover with 2 pan bolts. Easiest way to put the late cover on a 14 bolt block is to modify the pan bolt holes.

The production 4.1 oil pan does not have a baffle, so it is not the same for as for a turbo application, even though it has the 14 bolt pattern.

The timing cover from a 109 block is drilled for 3 pan bolts, and the Stage blocks use the early cover with 2 pan bolts. Easiest way to put the late cover on a 14 bolt block is to modify the pan bolt holes.

is it possible/a good idea to put a baffle in the 4.1 pan?

Yes, we have welded in baffles in 14 and 20 bolt pans. Just make a template out of cardboard from an exsisting pan, and then transfer that to a piece of sheet metal to cut out a baffle plate,

Or you could find a pan from a 84/85 hot air turbo car and get a aftermarket front cover which usually has both patterns of bolt holes for the oil pan- no drilling required.

I found one for you: DSOP
I would also use an aftermarket timing cover, but read up on what to look for (recently posted) and do, to a aftermarket timing cover. They are NOT a direct out of the box bolt on. They are a MESS inside and the oil pump thrust clearance WAY too big for my liking. I set my pumps up to .0005"-.001" thrust clearance. Sometimes, this takes alot of work to get it right. Also check the whole thing with a cam sensor installed and look for sensor shaft alignment to pump drive for angularity issues, BEFORE you do anything to it. I have found one that the sensor bore was not inline with the oil pump drive shaft bore.