SRT8 or STS-V?

SRT8 or STS-V?

• SRT8

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • STS-V

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

pwrsix

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am looking for a new ride and and have narrowed it down to either a 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 or a 2006 Cadillac STS-V. It wont be my daily driver, just a weekend/nice weather car. The people on this site know alot about cars so any opinions/suggestions/info/experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

dont know if caddy has a STS V but they have a CTS V. mannys 09 4d CTS V daily driver runs in the 9,s @ pbir all day long!

Mannys car is supercharged and I dont think that the 06 is. Chrysler is not known for the best quality even tho it is a bigger car I think.... Im thinkin caddy

STS V is a supercharged Northstar. I would go with the SRT8. The Northstar is trouble, and the SRT8 is faster.

Maybe another consideration...05'-06' E55, can be had for around the same $$ and will run w/ a new CTS-V w/ no quality concerns...

Caddy NS engine is great when things are working but evil when they act up, ie. headbolt streatch, coil, TB plenum... Love Caddys for the ride quality and overall build, but the Jeep would probably be a better investment IMO

loved my 300C SRT8 and love my Jeep SRT8 my friend had a STS-V of that generation and it was a headache the 09 up caddy is awesome

I have a 10 srt8 jeep love it more like my son loves it. It has the power and awd great for Chicago weather but At the the same time the supercharge cts-v has been catching my eye lately. Should go test drive one.

Go out and looks at the pontiac g8 gt's or the GXP's

you might be surprised at how big they are and the power

I like the idea of the AWD Jeep SRT8 but I really want a car. I have always owned a truck and I want something different. I am not a Mercedes guy but I respect the power/look of that E55. I really just like the american muscle cars. I do have a budget so the newer Caddy's are not in my price range.

I knew I would get plenty of feedback. Does anyone have first hand experience with either of the cars? I thought the Northstar engines were reliable. What about the 6.1 Hemi? Any issues?

I've had a few SRT8s. I drove my '08 Jeep for 4 years and put over 70k on it, frequenting drag strips and never had an issue. It wasn't really modded outside of a cold air intake and a Borla cat-back exhaust. I also had a '06 Charger SRT8 for a few months. It was a blast to drive. I currently have a '10 Charger SRT8 and it, too, is a ton of fun. The 6.1s can take some abuse and love to have the hell run out of them.

What kind of budget are you looking to stay within if you don't mind my asking?

I went onto Pontiacs website to see the G8, GT, GXP etc. I like them (especially price) but I really like the look of the Chrysler or Cadillac better. My budget is around $20-25K.

A friend of mine had a CTS-V with a Procharger on it. Nice enough car but for what it was supposed to be I wasn't that impressed. I don't like sticks as well. I test drove a new G8 back when they were new and loved it. Only one around was black and I wasn't getting black as a daily driver so I had to pass on it. Caddys have a strange wheel pattern too. I remember the owner saying aftermarket rims were ridiculously expensive.

I haven't driven the CTS-V but what I have read about them is they are pretty fast with a nice ride. I wouldn't want a stick either but the STS-V I'm looking at is an auto. They didn't make them with a manual trans.

I wouldn't touch a Northstar, even worse a supercharged one. V8Killer worked for a dealer that had Caddys. The stories of the Northstar mess ups and costs to fix were downright scary.