SRT8 Magnum

"Reaper"

Gone To The Dark Side
OK, a couple of days ago my son was not feeling to well (Think it was nerves he leaves this sunday for Marine Corps Boot camp) so I am on my way to take him to see my DR.I pull up to a red light and there sits a SRT8 Magnum I pull up on there right side.There is an old couple in it (Man and Woman) and the woman was driving. The Man gave me a thumbs up and smiled and rolled his window down.I gave him a nod and a thumbs up back.The lady leans over and says nice car want to race.:biggrin: I Laughing I said sure if you want to lose to a little V6.:biggrin: The lady said back I lever lose.I was not paying attention to the light and it turned green and she got a big jump on me.:eek: about two cars.:eek:I was thinking WTF she really wants to run so I laid into the GN.24lb of boost and Alky pump was screaming.I got her at the top of first and lunched passed her when it shifted into second and put about three cars on her. I was coming up to my turn so I had to back out of it.As they passed the Man had a huge smile on his face and was giving me two thumbs up.

Shaun

Good kill.
I see your in FL. If your ever in the St. Pete area and see a mini tubbed magnum you might need the jump on him. Belongs to a friend and just dyno'd 593.

Great kill, tell you son that boot camp can be hard or easy it’s up to him. Do what they tell you, very first and the right way the first time and be very loud about it. Give a 110% at all time. I hope that hi goes to 3rd battalion. An the sand gnats are like very small pitbulls biting you all the time. lol

I hope that he goes to 3rd battalion. An the sand gnats are like very small pitbulls biting you all the time. lol

He said that he requested 3rd battalion and the Master SGT at the recruiting office said he would see that he gets it.You know how recruiters are so will see.

As far as the sand gnats go we have them bad here to but I think they bread them in Paris Island.

Shaun

Good kill.
I see your in FL. If your ever in the St. Pete area and see a mini tubbed magnum you might need the jump on him. Belongs to a friend and just dyno'd 593.

So in a tank like that, it should go, what? 13's? ;)

recruiter want know

recruiter want know what battalion is forming the day he ships,can't request bn, 3rd is best especially if he's athletic the msgt maybe be able to get his ops section to call PI the day before he ships and see who is forming plt which bn only request they will honor is if son of marine

I was a recruiter,,,, b/c is this simply never give up open your ear shut your mouth and listen" not hear but listen" hopefully your son is not left handed I am left handed everything in military is gear to right handed Tell your son they can yell they can scream but they can't eat you and remember this the yell is not yelling that DI is standing in front of an average of 70 recruits 4 line deep 16/17 people long noise every where, and his job is to teach and communicate what he wants and needs to get through its called voice inflection if he was screaming he would loose his voice tell him good luck

and remember this it takes more fortitude to just talk to a marine recruiter much less enlist you have already proven you have what it takes and no one can take that away from you b ut your self their are no former Marines only retired once a Marine always a Marine

True...recruiters only fill in the blanks on the forms that get the bodies signed up.

During boot camp he will get the opportunity to request duty preferences (where he wants to go), but there are not guarantees....they'll put him where they need him.

Going in, the smartest thing I did was I picked a job that was technical...and it helped me transition into my career once I got out. I signed up for advanced technical training to, and did a 6 years of active duty for it, but it was worth it...
In boot camp, the smartest thing I did was kept my sense of humor.
The DI's will sound pissed off all the time, but just let them blow steam...the only thing I got in trouble for was laughing at stuff the DI said...got dropped several times and sent to a few marching parties cuz I thought what my DI said was funny and couldn't keep my giggles and snickers in...

Once active, I just stuck to my job...did my job well without complaining...made sure I wasn't making enemies with anyone...got written up nce for being right when disobeying an order form my power crazed supervisor...but as soon as me and him detailed our sides of the story to our Division Officer, he dropped the offence, told my supervisor he was being stupid and to stop wasting his time...shredded the paperwork and...that was history...;)