SRT8 Challenger kill

jbrouse

Magna member
So me and my little guy are out for a ride in the GN, I had to stop at Advance for some wheel cleaner. As I pull out here comes a black SRT8 Challenger followed by a black 4.6 Mustang with exhaust driving by. Of course theres a bunch of cars ahead of us,so I'm thinking no way we'll catch a light. Besides I have my 7 year old with me. Well, as if it's meant to be the mustang hangs back as the next light turns red. Allowing me to get next to the Challenger. Still I'm thinking no way. The guy in the Challenger won't look over, doesn't acknowledge I'm even there. Then he starts revving his motor.Huh, ok. Then I'm grinning ear to ear, telling my son to hang on. I bring the boost up to 0-1psi as the light turns green and I leave, my tires are hazing slightly as I leave him wondering what just happened. I had him by about 6 lengths as the car shifts to third and I let off and coast down and he does a ricer fly-by. My sons yelling 'Dad, that was hilarious, was he even trying?!' (love that kid) Man that was fun. At the next light the Mustang pulls up(the challenger is in front of me, first at the light) and the driver says 'nice car, man that things fast, you smoked that guy.' All in all a good trip. SRT8 goes down, and respect from a Mustang.

One of the best stories I've heard. Especially when you have a guy in another sports car praising your win!!

I've had the car since 1990 so its kind of a mix of old and new. Stock 90k motor, TA60, Precision FM, TurboTweak6.1, 60's.

This sounds like a great combination that is obviously working for you.
What converter are you running?