Sport Bike

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I'm sure I'll see him again since this happened on my favorite route home from work...I've seen this guy before but never in a spot where I can get him, and he's always splitting traffic...even at normal speed....and long gone before I can get a line up.

Dude on a black sport bike of unknown make, buzzed past me splitting traffic...again...at a light that had just turned green. He opened it up a tad once he cleared the front row.

I was stuck behind two cars in each lane of a three lane road so figured he'd be long gone...again... before I could safely navigate through folks without pissing them off....
With a little patience I weaved through the holes as they opened up and found myself in front of the pack.
I could still see him up ahead about a 1/4 mile, and the next light had just turned red so I had an oportunity to catch up to him as he sat there.

By the time I got there, the light had already gone green and he was off in a hurry again. I kept my pace up and hoped for another red to hold him up before I need to leave this road.

I see him getting into the left turn lane I normally use and I manage to roll in right behind him while it's still red. It's a black sport bike with a single pipe on the right side...but I could not see what make or model from behind him...looks and sounds like a 600-750cc....I know I can take it...:D

On the green I know I gotta stay close to him through the left turn in order to have a clean shot once we straighten out...we will only have about an 1/8 mile before we need to worry about traffic merging in on us.

I stay right on him though the turn...close enough that he looks back at me a tad annoyed.
As we straighten out...we're doing aboout 35mph...he figures it's time to show me what's what so he lays into it and as soon as I hear him hit it...so do I.

He got a slight jump, but I move to the left lane as he stays right...and I start to reel him in and close the distance...he notices this in his mirror and had one of those WTF moments....he tucks down closer to his tank, keeps hard on the throttle and working them gears....but it aint enough to keep this new Czarnota stroker motor at bay...I continue to reel him in....walking up faster and coming alongside.

As I'm fendering him....I can see him in my periferal vision and he's looking to me and back forward ...he's completely freaked out...:eek:

As I go around him, he lets off and sits more upright....he knows he's been had.:oops:

The merge is coming so I let off and move right to get in front of him as he backs off...I brake a bit to be sure no one is going to cut me off unexpectedly and continue on to the toll road....he jumped left, split some traffic and gets back on his throttle to try and get me....as I listen to that qeue and clear the traffic I whack the go faster peddle to the floor again and walk away from him....
He gave up and dissapeared...
Life is full of teaching moments...I'll never pass on dishing one out....:cool:

It had to be a 600 or 750 i really dont think a 1000 would be that easy of a prey... But god damn!!! Nice kill those bike boys think the own the road.. Oooh wait i ride a gsx 1000. I guess i think i own the road..

I hate when those bike cut through traffic like that....just a matter of time before he gets it. Still a great kill Chicken, sounds like you really like your new setup. What do ya think it is going to run in the quarter?

It had to be a 600 or 750 i really dont think a 1000 would be that easy of a prey... But god damn!!! Nice kill those bike boys think the own the road.. Oooh wait i ride a gsx 1000. I guess i think i own the road..

Agreed.
Most 1000's are in the low 10's or faster from the factory....but ...I did nail some to the road on my old motor...a Triumph Speed Triple and a couple Suzuki SV1000's. Those kills are posted somewhere in history here.

I hate when those bike cut through traffic like that....just a matter of time before he gets it. Still a great kill Chicken, sounds like you really like your new setup. What do ya think it is going to run in the quarter?

It's awesome...Lou done it good on this build.

Based on similar builds he's done, I should see mid 10's with some safe tuning...
Right now I'm running it a bit fat and have the Alky cranked up until I have some time to get with Spoolfool2 for a good street tune session.

An R1 would eat a GSXR1000. Even the GSXR 750 will stay with the 1000..... But a good running 10 or 9 Sec GN........ They own the road!!

CGASTON said:
An R1 would eat a GSXR1000. Even the GSXR 750 will stay with the 1000..... But a good running 10 or 9 Sec GN........ They own the road!!

At the track maybe, street no way... We not talking awd cars rwd is a different ball game.. I dont race in the bike tho.. Yea i get call puss many times but im in no hurry to die.. And no a 750 does not saty with a 1000 at top end 1000 walks aways.. I kno this cuz i have seen it and done it..

hello; IMO the guy on the sport bike ran out of balls or his brain kicked in and let off. The state of the art sportbikes are fast,fast,fast. I know TB are fast but the latest and greatest sportbikes are faster. That's in stock form so when they get into the aftermarket speed stuff they get faster.
have fun
IBBY

Jason Crammer smoked a GSXR 750 and and a Busa that I think. Youtube it. This was on the street and Jason took of slowly, cause he was spinning!!! Beat the bike more than 5 cars........

It's awesome...Lou done it good on this build.

Based on similar builds he's done, I should see mid 10's with some safe tuning...
Right now I'm running it a bit fat and have the Alky cranked up until I have some time to get with Spoolfool2 for a good street tune session.
That is awsome! I want to run 10's!!:(

hello; IMO the guy on the sport bike ran out of balls or his brain kicked in and let off. The state of the art sportbikes are fast,fast,fast. I know TB are fast but the latest and greatest sportbikes are faster. That's in stock form so when they get into the aftermarket speed stuff they get faster.
have fun
IBBY

Not sure what your combo is...maybe you could post it up, but...
Most 10 sec sport bikes on the street with your average rider would be lucky to pull off a mid 11 to high 11, and if you can jump them from the line, your chances improve considerably.
I'm driving around in a car on a tune that will easily go 10's.....you do the math.

I didn't get a chance to talk with this guy yesterday, but the Triumph Speed Triple and Suzuki SV1000 riders I mentioned (those are low 11 bikes from the factory by the way) and a few other 600-750cc sport bike's I've tangled with even on my old 11 second build all were nodding and thumbs upping and chattering in amazment at me after the kills and they all were trying.

This guy yesterday was trying....take it from the eye witness who watched him leaning over hugging his tank, heard him rev-ing. He got his arse handed to him by a fast Turbo Buick.

In the past I have tried my luck against a couple Gixxer 1000's and lost badly both times...one of them was just staying with me up until about 80....and then he opened it up and left me.
I also came across a Ninja 1000 and while he didn't spank me as bad as the Gixxer....he walked away from me and had me by about 4-5 lengths by the time we let out....he also looked back at me and waved a thumbs up.