SPEEDOMETER

klmnla

Watson LA
Can the speedometer portion of a cluster from a non turbo regal be used in my analog GN cluster? My speedometer is out of whack, its jumping around, making high pitch sound and not accurate. I believe the cable is okay.

have you tried to lube the cable? By not accurate do you mean reading is not showing the correct speed? has anything has been changed recently or has it always been off? You can put different gears in the trans tailshaft to correct speed readings. HTH

have you tried to lube the cable? By not accurate do you mean reading is not showing the correct speed? has anything has been changed recently or has it always been off? You can put different gears in the trans tailshaft to correct speed readings. HTH

When I took the cluster out to lube the speedo cable, I slid the needle over to the left as it looked like it was not going back to zero. This seems to have completely screwed it up. I've removed the cable from the speedo in the past to lube it with no problems. Not so lucky this time.