speedo....not the swim suit!

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
Okies...tackling the original 85mph speedo and have a situation here. Tripometer wasnt working anymore and the speedo was squealing and chirping annoyingly...Soooo i grabbed a tool kit and started removing the tiny bolts in hopes to fix SOMETHING... lo' and behold the whole dang thing pretty much comes apart in my paws!!:eek: well not completely...odometer and tripometer are still on their spools and the ring and spring on the speedo disc are there...but the retaining plastic bracket to hold the speedo in place BROKE! 22 YEARS OF AGE...SHOULDVE Babied the dam thing... Gbody has a nice replacement and i'd like to know HOW easy or simple is it to continue taking the speedo apart? dont have pics but all thats left is the long black plastic odometer screw and rotating assembly for the needle. Gbody wants a core and i'm worried of how much of the old one they want back? Thinking i was Sooooo smart..."i'll just use the scanmasters MPH guage!" WRONG!!! dam thing just stares at me with "00" as i drive with my non existant speedo still chirping mockingly at me! :rolleyes:

i just took out a customers speedo to try and quiet it some.....aggravating....lubed some small areas through out now squeaks even worse and clicks alot. new one is best.....used ones are sold here and there if you're on a budget...

in over my head to try?

OK...kinda figged it was gonna be a PITA...i'm just gonna have to hope Gbody answers their phone to see what they want as a core for the pretty new one theyre offering...I have 2 small 3-4mm bolts holding in whats left of the speedo and odometer drive and worried Somethings gonna pop out i'm gonna need later to install the new one.:eek: