Spark plug.. You be the judge

I'd be careful what Earl says about licking stuff.....Last lick test I heard he performed, he said it tasted like tuna!!:D

What does a 9v battery and a woman's bung hole have in common?
-
-
You know you're not suppose to put your tongue on it, but you just can't help it.

Lots of oil and lots of low output engine operation like idling and light cruising. I doubt it's a fuel problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking it's the camshaft? Worn lobe? Maybe stall converter?

Would the powerlogger show any of this?

***so I was out driving with my buddy.. I changed out the ECM with a new one. We did a couple hard pulls and it feels okay top end.. Low end from a start, or cruising feels like I need to shift from D to 1 or 2 to feel any power. OD is crap. D feels better. We went to grab some fast food and were stuck in a long line. By the time we got down to pay, I would let go of the brakes and hear clunking, as if the rear drums were sticking and the axle wanted to rip break off. It went away after I cruised up to the street to leave the drive thru. Later, We were coming back home, cruising at about 30 mph and I jokingly told my friend, what if the lack of power is from my amazingly strong brakes holding back this beautiful GN. I threw it in Neutral just to see if I felt any sticking of the brakes... The car died. I said Wtf, turned the ignition and it came back on and I slid it back to Drive. Trying to replicate this, I put it back into N and the motor didn't die, however, the speedometer (that doesn't work) shot up and was showing my speed; accurately. Then I would put it back in D and the needle would die back to zero. Threw it back to N and the speedometer worked again.

I know these two events are unrelated to my power issue, but just thinks I'd like to see if anyone has any knowledge on.

Last edited:
Up late again thinking what the problem could be... (I know a lot of you had helped and I'm just venting... I know I need that powerlogger [emoji4]).

One of my neighbors walked by last night and made a comment on how the car smells like a gas station and how it's running really rich. (No shit, I thought). But it got me thinking... I'm going down a mental list of parts and as I mentioned earlier, a good friend and shop owner gave me his fuel injectors.

When he gave them to me, he said he didn't remember if they were 42lbs or 38lbs. I did a quick search on them using the identifying numbers on them.
b64b6a39723b67f66dc95b20a06852b0.jpg

Delphi/Lucas injectors, black, red ring, imprinted numbers: 621030 D1163AA
The day he gave them to me the first two searches said they were 38lb injectors. I didn't think much of it and went ahead and went along with it, and ordered my turbotweak chip to 38lb injectors. I did some digging and online I found from many sources with the same injectorsthat they had originally been under the impression that they were 38lbs, and later found out they were 42lbs. This was confirmed by a injector database and a vendor.
*** My question is: what problems would/can I be causing running my current chip at 38lbs injectors when they're really 42lbs? Could this be a source of my problem?

Edit: I'm also going to pick up a stock replacement maf with the intake hose. Feeling like a lot of this started after I got the maf pipe and ls1 3" maf...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did you verify the condition of the injs you were given?
If they were used, and left in the open air, they may have "issues"..
A 42# inj run at commanded pulse widths based on a 38# inj could cause some issues. However, I don't think that error would be showing on only that 1 plug.
If those injs have been used, not lubed and kept out of open air, it could well be there's sticking, leaking going on.
They weren't run on E86, were they?

Probably the only way to trust them is have them flowed and cleaned. At least you'll know they are functioning right.

Did you verify the condition of the injs you were given?
If they were used, and left in the open air, they may have "issues"..
A 42# inj run at commanded pulse widths based on a 38# inj could cause some issues. However, I don't think that error would be showing on only that 1 plug.
If those injs have been used, not lubed and kept out of open air, it could well be there's sticking, leaking going on.
They weren't run on E86, were they?
They were not run on E86. I pulled all of the plugs (autolite 23) and they were all blackened. A lot of carbon deposits. All gapped at .28 . I'm guessing the error is all of them at this point. I did not verify the condition of the injectors. At that time, I did not know that being left out in the open air would cause trouble. The car does smell like a gas station though. Verified and Fuel pressure is set at 43 line off.

A lot of people have mentioned the fact of using Used injectors is a bad idea, so I've gone ahead and bought the 60lbs, flow matched, from Eric. I'm going to re-set the cam sensor for the millionth time, and change out the crank sensor.

Any chance it might just be a faulty maf translator??

Last edited:
You'll need a chip that matched to the 60s...