Spark Issue

LAMMONS0003

Beside wiring betweenthe components, is there anything keep my t type from sparking besides ignition module/coil, crank sensor, and ECU? my car is exact opposite of cristine it keeps dieing and dieing.

Will need ....

more info. put any mod's in your signature. As much info as possible will aid in the diagnosis. Are you MAF or MAF-LESS?:confused:

My car is all stock except a caspers hotwire kit for the ignition module. Its the kit that adapts the 84 to 86/87 stlye module. It has a stock mass air flow sensor also. There are no engine codes present.

So this is a hotair car?

How are you sure it's spark? Or is that just what you think it is? I would look at fuel pressure as well.

I pretty positive it is spark. I have 39 psi of fuel pressure soon as the key turns the new pump on. I have removed the spark plug wires and grounded them to the engine and cranked over to see no spark at all. I checked 3 or 4 of them to eleminate a bad coil. It appears I have lost all spark. This just happened after I rebuilt the top end of the engine. Break-in ran fine, ran for 4 tenths of mile first test drive lost spark, then let set overnite and ran 1 mile before looseing spark again. I went through a no start ttree and thought I had determined the ignition module as the problem. Thats when I ordered the caspers kit and module. I am goin to get module double check because coils Ohm out fine. I can see RPM with my scan tool when cranking so does that mean I am getting crank sensor signal? i dont know where else it get RPM signal from. My check engine light does light up with key and shows no codes so I believe the ECU is ok.

Good question on the rpm on the scan tool...I don't know. If you have a buddy with a known good crank sensor you might try it just for the heck of it.

My powerlogger doesn't read RPM during cranking, never has. I've always assumed that it's looking at the ECM RPM signal which doesn't exist until the engine actually starts. (that's what I assumed anyway)

The factory and aftermarket tach however are connected to the RPM output signal from the ignition module They do see a signal during cranking.