Southeast muscle car challenge

Maybe some homework is in need here.

Lasseter lives in or near Valdosta which is less than 30 miles from Adel (SGMSP) and Reynolds is some 150 miles away. That works out to be some 120 miles further.

I truely believe the reason we use the track in Reynolds is due to the very laid back family ran atmosphere there. Additionally, I know that I would not be able to run my T any other place in my current condition without a cage. And I do not plan to put one in it.

Just a few comments to add...

Mike
I know exactly where Rich lives(Pine Point Circle) since I am a few miles away myself. SGMP charges a good bit more to rent the track(I know a speed shop that priced both last year). I have raced at both and it is just as laid back. I like the fully paved pit area. And it don't hurt that I am 35 miles or so away myself!:D

I know exactly where Rich lives(Pine Point Circle) since I am a few miles away myself. SGMP charges a good bit more to rent the track(I know a speed shop that priced both last year). I have raced at both and it is just as laid back. I like the fully paved pit area. And it don't hurt that I am 35 miles or so away myself!:D

You know... I thought you were pointing that Richard is close to Reynolds, and not necessarily to you or SGMP. My bad for misunderstanding. I believe that price is a large part of it as well.

I do understand about the paved pit and being close to it and all. They were suppose to build an 1/8 mile track right on 82 about 7 miles from I95 in Brunswick and I was thrilled even with not to be 1/4 mile. The point was that it was close.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the track...

Mike

I don't care for the extra 2 hr hike for me to get to SGMP but it's one of the top hooking, smoothest surfaces in the country with all paved parking. While I was there I noticed the Wildcat engine shop the GS--CA advertises is right next door to the track.

I don't care for the extra 2 hr hike for me to get to SGMP but it's one of the top hooking, smoothest surfaces in the country with all paved parking. While I was there I noticed the Wildcat engine shop the GS--CA advertises is right next door to the track.

I have been there before. A super clean shop and Mike does nice work with a lot of pride. He built the motor in my Suncoupe for me and I have been nothing but tickled with it. If you are around again, you should stop in and check it out. Mike will gladly show you around, he is an extremely personable guy. He will probably be in Reynolds, as he usually checks out the action there.

Mike

You guys are Not going to believe this......I received a call from the Corvette Club that had the track rented for November 8th (the date we were trying to change to) and he informed me that their event has been cancelled due to the economy crisis! Now the track is available for November 8th, but WE ARE NOT CHANGING THE EVENT DATE!!!! WE ARE PLANNING ALOT OF HALLOWEEN FUN! LOTS OF TRICKS AND TREATS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS!! Silverdollar raceway is even planning a Costume Contest for $100. This could be interesting :eek:
Just a reminder.....for those of you coming to Reynolds, please bring a bag of candy, we are going to have several kids there and we want to make it fun for them too!!
See everyone there!! ~ Holly Hartline

You guys are Not going to believe this......I received a call from the Corvette Club that had the track rented for November 8th (the date we were trying to change to) and he informed me that their event has been canceled due to the economy crisis! Now the track is available for November 8th, but WE ARE NOT CHANGING THE EVENT DATE!!!! WE ARE PLANNING ALOT OF HALLOWEEN FUN! LOTS OF TRICKS AND TREATS FOR ADULTS AND KIDS!! Silverdollar raceway is even planning a Costume Contest for $100. This could be interesting :eek:
Just a reminder.....for those of you coming to Reynolds, please bring a bag of candy, we are going to have several kids there and we want to make it fun for them too!!
See everyone there!! ~ Holly Hartline
the wealthy vette owners can't afford a track day, but us poor Buick owners can do it?

And I just got my new vanity plates in the mail that say "ZO WHO"!!

I have my costume planned :biggrin: :biggrin:

I will see everyone there!! I will be meeting up with Adam C. (V8assassin) thursday evening sometime.

Anyone need me to bring them LED lights? I need to know now or Pay-pal me soon and I will bring them with me.

Scot W.

I will see everyone there!! I will be meeting up with Adam C. (V8assassin) thursday evening sometime.

Anyone need me to bring them LED lights? I need to know now or Pay-pal me soon and I will bring them with me.

Scot W.

Can't wait to see ya again Scot! I will check around here and see if anybody needs any lights, very cool product, will be on my car at Reynolds!

This should be a very interesting race :biggrin:

reynolds race

you guys tell me more on the days we can test and tune. I'm going to try and make it this year. do the have a gamblers race to? need more info

Fri is test and tune all day then they open the track to the locals at night,some good racing.
I think there is a gamblers race on sat maybe even fri

So where can I find the track / race schedule for this event? The plan is to race TSM, but I can't leave Chicago until my 3 year old has gone trick-or-treating... (31st 7-8pm?).... + 15hr drive.....

Thank you for the link to silverdollar, but what I am looking for specifically is what is the date/times for TSM qualifying and eliminations? Anyone know?

I assume that it's going to be like the midwest challange were all qualifying and eliminations will be on sat. But I'd like to know what time qualifying starts and ends...

If qualifying is on friday, then im F#@KED..... :(

Qualifying was sat last year. You can check the gsca web site or call them......

So where can I find the track / race schedule for this event? The plan is to race TSM, but I can't leave Chicago until my 3 year old has gone trick-or-treating... (31st 7-8pm?).... + 15hr drive.....

Cliff I know it won't be the same as in the neighborhood, but you could bring your son. Holly has made arrangements to make sure people are bringing treats and such so the kids can trick or treat. I am planning on wearing a costume :biggrin:

My wife won't let me take mine cause it's our first year in a new (well new to us) house, and she wants them to be here.

Cliff I know it won't be the same as in the neighborhood, but you could bring your son. Holly has made arrangements to make sure people are bringing treats and such so the kids can trick or treat. I am planning on wearing a costume :biggrin:

My wife won't let me take mine cause it's our first year in a new (well new to us) house, and she wants them to be here.

I've actually got two girls, one thats almost 3, and the other that is 7 months. The 3 year old LOVES cars, and I am sure would have a blast at the track, but the wife and the littler one would be hard to convince, although I may give it a try...lol