Southeast muscle car challenge

I spoke with Jim Carswell last week about it. He's working on making it happen as I too was planning to attend. It conflicts with my schedule as well, I planned on going to Oklahoma for the Noble race that weekend. I'm sure he will get it straightened out.

Reynolds 2008 Event

Spoke with Richard L. again today. He has found out that the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green is putting this Event on. He spoke with a gentleman there by the name of Roc. Roc thought it sounded fine to combine the Covette and the Buicks, but he needed to contact the Corvette Club and get confirmation from them. Hopefully he can make them agree. Richard also submitted an email to the Corvette Club as requested by Roc. Hopefully we will hear back from them by tomorrow, so hotel reservations can be changed and reserved for Nov. 7 & 8. I will keep you posted! ~Holly Hartline

Jack you should post that thread here and on T6P.com. T6P.com is the official home of TSM!

Hope it works out guys!

Reynolds 2008 Event

Here is what we have found out so far.
The National Corvette Museum is hosting their Corvette Event. Check out this link Georgia Crossroads Corvette Rendezvous The Corvette Club.....
Corvettes Limited of Central Georgia
are the ones involved in this and we are trying to contact them to convince them it will be worth their time to share the track rental. They do not have any contact phone numbers, so I have emailed them and I am waiting for a response.
If for some reason, they won't share the track on Nov.8th, the track is available for Friday & Saturday After Thanksgiving. What do you guys want to do? Keep Halloween Dates or change it to the weekend after Thanksgiving? This is only if we can not get these Corvette Guys to share.
Let me know what you guys want. I am working hard to make this a good size event, not just a few cars.
Thanks Guys! ~ Holly Hartline

Reynolds meet...

I have a call in to one of the Vette shop owners, here in Atl.
I'll see what he can do to get us in contact w/ the rite people.. More later.

Reynolds 2008 Event

Just got of the phone with Chuck Leeper and he knows some of these Corvette guys, so like he said he will make some phone calls tomorrow and see what he can get them to do. THANK YOU CHUCK FOR HELPING!!! :D Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get an answer from them tomorrow. We will keep you all posted. ~ Holly Hartline

Here is what we have found out so far.
The National Corvette Museum is hosting their Corvette Event. Check out this link Georgia Crossroads Corvette Rendezvous The Corvette Club.....
Corvettes Limited of Central Georgia
are the ones involved in this and we are trying to contact them to convince them it will be worth their time to share the track rental. They do not have any contact phone numbers, so I have emailed them and I am waiting for a response.
If for some reason, they won't share the track on Nov.8th, the track is available for Friday & Saturday After Thanksgiving. What do you guys want to do? Keep Halloween Dates or change it to the weekend after Thanksgiving? This is only if we can not get these Corvette Guys to share.
Let me know what you guys want. I am working hard to make this a good size event, not just a few cars.
Thanks Guys! ~ Holly Hartline
Won't you be in Arizona that weekend?

I knew it was Halloween weekend and made plans for it, but agree that the turnout will not be good as it looks and we are much better off another weekend.

I will not be able to attend myself the following weekend, but hope the best for everyone to get a good day of racing in if so. I am definately game the weekend after Thanksgiving though if it works out for then.

I am thinking those vette guys may get a little nervous though, LOL...

Keep us updated Holly, we appreciate your efforts.

Mike

I spoke with the event coordinator for the Corvette event tonight. He says that the Corvette Museum reserved and paid for the track and he will have to see if they are willing to share. If not, he says they will be done around 2:00PM Saturday and we could have the track afterwards. I'm not sure how this would work with racing Friday, taking Saturday morning off and running Saturday afternoon and evening.

Bombed out...

It looks as tho my contact has dropped the ball. I've called 3 times, and have yet to have a return call.
Being he's an "impotent person" in the world of Vettes, he's far too busy.:rolleyes:
Hopefully Cal's contact will come thru. Maybe not, if they think they'll get their collective a$$es handed to them by a bunch of v sicks bricks!!:D
If thier race is Sat only, and they look to be done by 2 pm... that can't be planned for much of a turn out....
The 8-2 pm time can be put to good use with parts store runs, to fix all the $hit that was torn up on Friday!!:eek: :D

Nice way to work in a plug for your board:biggrin:

Nooo Otto, just a plug for the TSM race class. Trying to keep them informed so there is no confusion later. :cool: My board is for my customers, I'm not looking for traffic, but since it is where I am most easily found, hence the choice to take care of business there. As an example, just like this thread, I didn't see all the responses, including yours, until days later. :smile: So if you want to post something positive about this thread or TSM, that would be much more appreciated. :)

It looks as tho my contact has dropped the ball. I've called 3 times, and have yet to have a return call.
Being he's an "impotent person" in the world of Vettes, he's far too busy.:rolleyes:
Hopefully Cal's contact will come thru. Maybe not, if they think they'll get their collective a$$es handed to them by a bunch of v sicks bricks!!:D
If thier race is Sat only, and they look to be done by 2 pm... that can't be planned for much of a turn out....
The 8-2 pm time can be put to good use with parts store runs, to fix all the $hit that was torn up on Friday!!:eek: :D

I don't really see a problem with racing after 2pm. My only question is will that give us enough time to make rounds?

Another solution could be Sunday, could we start qualifiying on sat after 2 and finish the race the next day?? Not sure if this would work or not.

Jack Cotton

Jack. thanks for donating the valve covers that i got at osceola, they will go on my sons car if he ever gets it ready, they are nice covers thanks again,:)

Jack. thanks for donating the valve covers that i got at osceola, they will go on my sons car if he ever gets it ready, they are nice covers thanks again,:)

Your welcome, anytime OC. Wish I could have been there. Heard you did pretty well, thats good news, I'm happy to hear you're getting that car running like it should.