Sources for water in the oil?

Powder

Just completed my eight month 4.1 engine build and fired it up for the first time a couple days ago. Started right up and ran beautifully until I shut it down after about 10 minutes. (roller cam) After it cooled down I drained the oil and it was ugly brown, obviously mixed with water. I have since flushed the engine three times by running it for a couple of minutes with fresh oil and filter with the radiator cap removed. The oil is now clean and there was never any steam or smoke out the exhaust.
The only areas of concern are used iron heads that were obviously just rebuilt, new aftermarket frontcover, and the Felpro rubber end gaskets for the manifold that I installed dry as the instructions stated. Any ideas on where to look?
TIA:confused:

I haven't done anything except try to stabilize the situation by getting clean oil circulated through the engine.
I talked to Geno about it and he seemed to think it is probably manifold/heads relationship. Hard for him or anyone else to analyze over the phone. I just wanted to get as much info as possible on where and how to look for the source before I tear it down again. This isn't fun anymore.
Thanks for the advice.
MH

is the coolant level actually low?
if not, it's possible that your oil was just contaminated by condensation that never got boiled out becasue it never got up to operating temp for any period of time. that, and maybe a PCV/crankcase ventilation system that isn't functioning properly.

If you're using an aftermarket timing cover I've seen some issues with them. Get some dye and add it to the water then use a black light to see if you can find it. Napa or APW carry it and it's not expensive.

Thanks for all the replies. All the suggestions so far seem logicall and probably cover most possibilities. Isn't there a pill I can just put in there and it will fix itself??
Definately not condensation. Second flush came out as milky as the first drain after initial run in. From your comments it seems pressure testing the cooling system with dye in it should be the first step, then pull the manifold and then thefront cover next if needed.
Thanks again for the advice, I'll probably start tearing it down Monday or Tuesday.:(
MH