Some pics of the new setup

TURBOKID

new work coming together.

Attachments

• race_car_danparker005.jpg
    race_car_danparker005.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2,719
Lookin' good Richie!!! What size turbo is that??

Thanks for sharing your progress with us:) :cool:

Wow,

This looks really nice!
What else are you going to have Dan Parker do for you?
How will you get cold air to the turbo inlet?
When will she be out!

Wow is right

All I can say is....Damn! That's one heck of a setup.
Nice work. What is the box in the passerenger side? Nitrogen charged I/C?

You may want to put some more support on the DS fender or that Turbo will suck it right in! LOL

It is getting the firewall painted right now and I will get it back to night and start putting stuff together for the last time. Parker built the headers and updated the cage and frame for me. He will also setup the car when done I think at this point. the turbo is a PT98 that will be on it unless I can come up with somthing better. DLS has the heads and intake back now and Dan "the motor man" will do his magic now, just a matter of time before it blows smoke again.

Attachments

• race_car_danparker040.jpg
    race_car_danparker040.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,606
GT60 or PT106MM after you are done with the 98MM?

What is the cage spec.... 25.5 or 25.2?

John Wilde said:
GT60 or PT106MM after you are done with the 98MM?

What is the cage spec.... 25.5 or 25.2?

I am thinking he will need the 25.2 that way he can throw some 33W's on it and go after the big boys in Outlaw 10.5 :biggrin:

86brick said:
I am thinking he will need the 25.2 that way he can throw some 33W's on it and go after the big boys in Outlaw 10.5 :biggrin:

He would need a second turbo in Outlaw unless he went with a 122MM

John Wilde said:
He would need a second turbo in Outlaw unless he went with a 122MM

In that case I say run the 122MM and be different from the pack!!! :wink: :cool:

86brick said:
In that case I say run the 122MM and be different from the pack!!! :wink: :cool:

Don't laugh I have seen 110.9MM and 122.5MM Wheels! :eek:
I am not sure of their ratings though.

TURBOKID said:
sorry it just 25.5

Don't apoligize, out here a 25.5 with cost you about $4500-$5000.
You are doing the whole motor and plumbing as well.
I would guess that your little upgrade is costing you on the cheap
side $35,000 an maybe more. Your PT98 will fit your goals just fine,
there is no need to change it considering how fast you went with the GT-47.
I would guess that you would have another 350 to 400HP to play with this spring.

Good Luck and please post more when you have time.

As John said no need to apologize... Your car is still going to be ridiculously fast on the true 10.5s in Limited Street and I'm sure it will put the fear in several of your fellow racers especially considering how successful you were with two less holes! :cool:

John I hope to have about 450-500 more, and yes I will wire and plumb it when it is time. I just picked it up from the paint shop and the firewall looks lot better now. I will get some pics when I can get someones to take them for me again. I will be hard at it all weekend.
stay tuned!
:cool:

Looks good Richie. What did you think of Parker? He did the cage in mine and I'll definately take mine back to him for any other major work. Before you go down for tuning give me some notice. Once I turn mine up I expect to need his tuning help and will be going myself. We might can go at the same time.

He seems to like the Regals.

Now that your not running the v6 can you give some details on the old engine? cam size,max RPM. The video's of the launch on the old car was sick so I cant imagine how it's going to be.

TURBOKID said:
John I hope to have about 450-500 more, and yes I will wire and plumb it when it is time. I just picked it up from the paint shop and the firewall looks lot better now. I will get some pics when I can get someones to take them for me again. I will be hard at it all weekend.
stay tuned!
:cool:

Richie,

First Chris, then Dusty and now you,
You guys are really giving me a complex with my little V6. :wink:
I am really excited to see all you you run this year!

ChevyTwice
I shifted the old one at 8k but sorry not sure what the cam specs are. :rolleyes:
just call DAN THE MOTOR MAN and I'm sure he can set you up