Some pics from yesterday

Rodimus_Prime

Dirty Bird
Yesterday I woke up, finished some tuning on the other car, then began cleaning and waxing the TTA. It still needs some cleaning and armor all but heres the work done so far.
tta9.jpg

tta10.jpg

tta11.jpg

tta12.jpg

tta13.jpg

tta14.jpg

tta15.jpg

Went down to York last night its Hot Rod weekend so EVERYONE was out. I saw 4-5 old hot rods coming up the other way on the highway down, passed an old Chevelle and waved. Rt 30 was lined with people in lawn chairs. Past few years had the old street rods but not much muscle, this year was full of it. I think I saw a two tone orange and black grand national but it could have been a Monte Carlo, too hard to tell from a distance. I met up with some friends and hung out for a few hours then took a spin up and down 30 and was behind some full tube car with chutes on the back and tires a mile wide.

Apparently I was also spotted near Hooters :)
HotRods2009002.jpg

The previous owner kept things very clean so it make for a pretty quick cleanup, also I had a friend help me wax it so that cut down the time considerably.

I claybarred it last week, cleaned engine, doorjams, under the trunklid, under the hood, didn't get to wax it though got held up by rain for a few days, resumed the cleaning yesterday got the wax on

Still needs the wheels cleaned, them honeycombs are a pain! I need to take them off and clean the backside of them I just haven't got around to finding my jack. Took the T-tops off once, seals are good but very dirty my hands were black after taking them off. So the seals and all need armor alled. T-top glass needs cleaned inside and out, actually the entire car needs glass cleaned inside and out.

Picky? You bet I am!

Stainless line on the fuel rail is actually a test guage thats screwed onto the test fitting, I'll likely replace that with a sending unit for a electric fuel pressure guage.

I claybarred it last week, cleaned engine, doorjams, under the trunklid, under the hood, didn't get to wax it though got held up by rain for a few days, resumed the cleaning yesterday got the wax on

Clay bars are the best things ever made for white cars. I have to do my truck and my wife's Regal GS every spring to get rid of the pin head rust dots left over from winter.

Nice car. I have never seen a TTA in person.

I never saw one in person till this one. Pictures don't do them justice. Nothing wrong with the rear main but it does need paint, lots of stains, fades, and rock chips from over the years. Mechanically its very sound.