So, who's running one of TurboTweaks SD chips?

My bud Dave is running one. And so is sweet6 (Steve).

I've tuned Dave's car a little bit with the SD and I must say it is nice. I'm going to try one for myself. You can run leaded fuel all the time and it doesn't mean snit to the O2 sensor... cus it isn't used for anything when you're running SD.

This chip is only for guys that are going to stay sharp on the tune all the time.

I'm assuming they are also using a wideband? I figured once you got it tuned, the closed loop wideband would take care of the minute fueling changes.

I'm putting a motor together that will be used with one of these, with a wideband. I'm excited to see how it works out.

I'm assuming they are also using a wideband? I figured once you got it tuned, the closed loop wideband would take care of the minute fueling changes.

I'm putting a motor together that will be used with one of these, with a wideband. I'm excited to see how it works out.

Dave ran for a long while without the wideband but he has one now. Car ran 11.20ish @ 121 with a bone stock long block, PT6776RH, bolt ons and C16 in the tank. AFR's were found to be in the mid 11's once he got the wideband on.

Not sure what sweet6 is doing but he's probably got a wideband.

I'm ordering mine next month. Can't wait.

Dave ran for a long while without the wideband but he has one now..

You mentioned earlier that you helped tune the car, but we know what leaded fuel does to a NBO2. And since there was no WBO2, what was used to tune the setup?? :confused:

You mentioned earlier that you helped tune the car, but we know what leaded fuel does to a NBO2. And since there was no WBO2, what was used to tune the setup?? :confused:

Prior to installing the wideband, we just used the stock narrow band and made sure it was over 750mv or so. It wouldn't last too long. Didn't matter to the SD chip though. Car would run fine without any O2 sensor at all.

Due in part to my incessant whining, Dave ponied up with the $ for the WBO2. Turned out that the chip on it's base settings was pretty close to where it needed to be, just a touch lean. With straight C16 in the tank he could get away with it though. I know the car has made some mid-11 passes in the low 12 AFR range without much if any knock retard. I want to try fattening it up to the low 11's and increase the boost or timing, maybe sometime before the end of the season. He's already trapped 121mph, so it should have a 10sec pass in it with a little effort.

Sd

I used to run one of Steve Yaklin's ME-Rs on my GN. The damn thing was awesome. Eric does all of the the ME-R stuff now but came out with the SD chip for people that didn't need all the extra adjustability. They work great.

I'll be selling the ME-R soon because now I have the MAFT Pro for my E-85 car. SD is very good solution, the throttle response seems to be much better as well. I can't see how someone could go wrong with Eric's stuff anyway, the guy has it down to a science.

I have SD chips on both of my cars. The chip gives better throttle response than the MAF chip. The only issue I have had is when I have my Alky on 7-8 it seems to load up on fuel in 1-2 gear. So I have to play around with the fuel. I have a WB on one of the cars, but the WB is not reading right. So it messes up the top gear fueling. My buddy has the same set up but his WB reads good and the chip works great.

I think with the Alky the WB will make it a lot easier. But overall the chip is a good product. Easy to use and a good price and great support. Eric has been great with answering all my questions and offering suggestions.

The only suggestion I would ask Eric is if he can add fuel adjustability to 2nd gear. It would help those not using the WB correction. That is if it is possible. Hint hint :biggrin:

I got one of these babies on the way now. Good times.:)

What do you think Steve? 10.20's??

Well, started tuning a guys car I put this on. New motor, GN1's, GT70, 218/218, RJC FMIC, 79 high z's, alky, LC-1 wideband, 9.25:1 compression :eek: etc.... and the SD chip. This thing runs great. Easy to tune, drives and idles great. 11.0 AFR, 24 psi so far no knock. Doubt I'll go much more on the boost but I'll start to mess with the timing and fuel some more. I've used just about all the stuff, the translators, Maxeffort, etc. I think this is by far my favorite stock ECM management. Thanks Eric.

I've got mine in now and started tuning it. Working good but I do have a lean spot on TPS tip-in, leaner on TPS step-in.

my lean spot on tip-in was dialed out with a fuel pressure adjustment.

Also extremely important to have the MAP ground moved over to the TPS ground as indicated in the installation instructions. Easy to do under the glove box area.

Anyone else? I have one ordered.

Chuck

Bought mine when my stock maf went south. This, combined with a PLX-wideband, is a no-brainer combo. Like always, Eric has these chips dialed in right out of box. I should've done this mod a loooonng time ago.

-Mike

Also extremely important to have the MAP ground moved over to the TPS ground as indicated in the installation instructions. Easy to do under the glove box area.

Did that when Razor's Alky kit was installed, so I'm ready to go

Bought mine when my stock maf went south. This, combined with a PLX-wideband, is a no-brainer combo. Like always, Eric has these chips dialed in right out of box. I should've done this mod a loooonng time ago.

-Mike

Good, glad to hear that you like it!

Chuck

Update

I've had the chip for a few weeks now, I like it. Easy to make adjustments just by using the scanmaster, and even when disconnecting the power to the ECM the chip now has memory function enabled, so you won't lose your settings!
Eric, thank you for another great chip!

Chuck