So what are we going to do for Buicks 100th anniversary?

blackbuick87

Since it is never to early to plan, especially for my wife, what, if anything, is on the scope for late July and Buick's 100th birthday?

Some info on activities in Flint would be appreciated. I saw a little bit on the Michigan Chapter BGSCA, but not much. We cant let this event go by without a party so lets hear if anyone has any ideas?

Wash and wax my car up and go for a long drive and look for some mudstangs!No,no street racing!

Yeah I saw that, I am also interested in getting together with some TR guys for some beer and brats if you know what I mean. Maybe get together at a park so the kids can play, who knows?
There will be a lot of other activities going on all weekend.

If the weather is nice I will be going to the show on Saturday. I think it starts at 8am...yawn....so I will have to have my coffee early.

I think it is about an hour or so from me so no big deal.

The show runs until 3 so are there any plans for doing something later in the day?

can we just show up at this event, or do we have to pay all those fees and stuff? I don't plan on putting my car in a show (daily driver) but I would like to be there. Flint is my other hometown and I'm trucking back.

I am not too familiar with Flint, I was hoping one or two of you Flint guys could come up with a nice park or something where we could hook up, and still be fairly close to the activities. Any ideas?

I agree with Bob. Let's find a spot and all meet up that afternoon/evening and have our own little car show :)

100th Birthday

Depending on my schedule by then I'm going to try and coax a few people to take a run up there. Might be interesting.

Steve:cool:

definitely not swimming in the Flint River....it has the consistency of cottage cheese...but I'm all up for a get-together and I'm sure Turbo Dog (Rick) would love to go to...if he ever gets his car back. I will talk to my uncle in Flint and see if he knows of any good places.

Hey we used to catch a lot of beers, I mean whitebass, in the Flint River. Luckily we were always to smoked to keep any;)

Well we have lots of time to decide, and there are lot of things to do for people not used to the area, like the Huckleberry railroad for kids and the Sloan museum, which I have not been to yet.

Racing

If you want you can join us at Milan Dragway on Friday, just let me know you are coming, you don't have to be registered for the show. But if you are thinking of NOT registering for the show, you are going to miss a very unique one of a kind commerative that you only will get if you register for the show.
Also the Michigan Chapter will be having a picnic/cookout (great brats and beer) with fireworks on Saturday night about 10 miles northwest of town, at the home of our Treasurer, lots of room for all, pony rides, pond, etc. Check out Michigan Chapter as it gets closer for more info!

Thanks for the invite Roberta. I would like some more info on the Milan deal. Can we just show up and get in? How much is it to run? This sounds like a good deal. I am from the area so where abouts does your treasurer live?
Thanks

Milan Buick Race is Friday, July 25 from 12-4 $25/car and $5 for spectators. If you want to race and have not registered through the show registration please contact me ahead of time.
Email !Barb for info and RSVP. Oh, yeah, there's a couple of '86 Designer Package T-types and lots of parts that live there too