So I am going to be in San Diego and ..........

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
I am going to be in San Diego on business through Wednesday,

Then the wife is flying out through Sunday for some R and R,

What sites do you guys recommend we see, restaurants to eat at etc etc?

I will be with 3 other co-workers and their wives, and none of us have been there before.

Thanks in advance,

Ty

Kona's resturant, awesome breakfasts with a great view. Pacific Beach down by the crystal pier.

You could go to the new underground, all girls, Filipino, topless microbrewery. It's an exclusive Turbo Buick .com Gold Account members only club. Entry fee, beer and "entertainment" are all free.

Here's the map and secret password to get in the door.
turbo.png

Mike B.

Mike-

Thatnks for the Map and the Password, the one legged section looks like a tri pod :confused::D

Hey Ty,
If the whole sheep thing is not appetizing, I can suggest a few things in SD. We lived there for a few years...

Since you will be flying into Lindburg Field (I'm assuming- as it's downtown SD) There are tons of places to go... Please bear in mind that if you want to move about, you MUST plan for traffic as it takes forever to get anywhere on I-5 or the I-15. If you are staying in the downtown area, you can check out Balboa park- lots of cool stuff and architecture and the zoo. There's also the Embacadero - where you can see the big naval ships- last time I was there, they had an aircraft carrier docked there. Maybe a trip to Coronado- very scenic.

As for food, there are a few Persian places downtown which are awesome but the names escape me. There is a place called the Yardhouse- 250 beers on tap and great food. A must try.

Up the road a bit in Solana beach (about 20 minutes north of downtown (still inside San Diego county) along the PCH (pacific Coast highway) there are a few restaurants that offer great food with the ability to sit out side and look at the ocean. Pretty cool.

Further up the road in Ocean side (about 1 hour north of downtown SD- and the uppermost part of the county aka north county) along the PCH there is a Cuban place called Azafran. It is spectacular! (and I've eaten Cuban food in Miami and this is on par!)

Other places to try are Alberto's in Oceanside (they make huge burrito's for about $3.50--- ask for the "california"--It has fresh guac and salsa and french fries--- very good and huge!
Another place, found all over San Diego is called Rubio's- Their claim to fame is "fish tacos"- I know it sounds weird and I was hesitant to try them but put those ideas out of your head and try one before judging- those fish taco's are one of the things I miss most about SD... (yes, they're that good)

Finally, if you go up to the north county area, you can go east a bit to a town called Escondido. They have a huge cruise/car show called " Cruisin' Grand" every friday starting around 2-3 pm and lasting till 9pm. They have oldies blasting out of the center island speakers, karaoke on the street, games for kids, raffles, tons of cars, car clubs of all kinds. Very family/pet friendly- lots of shops (art galleries, bars, pizza)- live music, everything - the streets are blocked off and there is a huge police presence. It's always a good time. (and it's free!!) Best car show venue I've ever been to!

If I think of any other places I'll post up.

Enjoy the stay (you may decide to stay after your visit)

I LOVE THE WEATHER!

We golfed TorreyPines today (spelling) and ate at Oceanside tonight.

Staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt.....

Lots to see and do, THANKS YOU for all the help.

Much appreciated!

Ty

What are you doing for lunch today. Call me.

Or tomorrow morning you'll wake up at 13,000 feet with the jump plane door open.:eek:

Mike B.

When I was out there I ate at dicks last resort. That was pretty entertaining. That was 15 years ago so it may or may not be there anymore. Mission beach is also very entertaining as far as eye candy goes. I was there during the X Games in 97. Man that was a great time. I liked San Diego but you couldn't get me to live there. Too crowded and too expensive. Glad I was only there for 2 months.

When I was out there I ate at dicks last resort. That was pretty entertaining. That was 15 years ago so it may or may not be there anymore. Mission beach is also very entertaining as far as eye candy goes. I was there during the X Games in 97. Man that was a great time. I liked San Diego but you couldn't get me to live there. Too crowded and too expensive. Glad I was only there for 2 months.

Toooo easy Bro I will give ya a pass. Hope you are having fun but I would have to take Mike up on his offer.