smoke while under boost

RA6T7GTO

hope somebody can help
i have a 87 gn, it has been running great last time out i noticed it smoking pretty bad when the boost starts to go up,looks to be grey or white smoke,when i drive it not under boost i dont see any smoke at all.also that night i drove a 40 mile round trip and it used over half a tank of fuel and naturally it used some oil which it never really does.
i checked all the hoses from turbo to intercooler and air cleaner and all are bone dry. what else can i check, any help would be great

The nifty steel corrugated oil return line from the turbo's center cartridge to block.

Leaks at the turbo, runs down the return line, along the oil pan ridge and then pools and drips/pours on the crossover pipe.

makes sense but i have smoke out of the exhaust not from a oil leak as far as i can tell,can this tube clog up and give me problems that im having?

If it only smokes under boost it is possible that the turbo is bad and has puked oil into the intercooler. Under boost the oil in the intercooler gets pushed into the engine intake. Remove the intercooler hose on the turbo outlet. If there is oil puddled there you have probably found your problem.

I'm kinda new to turbo buicks so I don't want to send you on the wrong track, but I'm having the same problem with my hot air car. Turns out it is a blown turbo seal. Very little or no smoke at idle, but pours smoke out the exhaust under any boost.

I thought it was coming from my tailpipes too. When I got on it it would just smoke out the rear. Idling no smoke, light acceleration, no smoke.

I had to change the copper gasket from exhaust-up. that's when I noticed a dirty stream of oil coming out the rear of the drain tube. Only under higher oil pressure situations would it come out. I could not see the oil residue from the front of the engine.

These things are prone to failure.

check under the car starting at the cross over pipe and see if there is evidence that oil has been spraying all the way back to the rear end. A good look at the front side of the exhaust system will tell the tail as this gets the brunt of the lost oil.

I'm kinda new to turbo buicks so I don't want to send you on the wrong track, but I'm having the same problem with my hot air car. Turns out it is a blown turbo seal. Very little or no smoke at idle, but pours smoke out the exhaust under any boost.

Im having the exact same problem!