Sirius/xm antenna location?

Boston GN

Car is heading to the body shop next month. I rarely listen to the "normal" radio, but am always listening to satellite. Thinking of getting rid of the antenna all together and just running satellite. Where have you installed your satellite radio antenna? Pics? Looking for a discreet location.
Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would get a ipod plug factory radio I got a ? Monsoon head unit with ipod plug for 140 shipped on EBay Fit perfectly

I considered that, Steve, but I really would like the satellite radio. I have it at home and at work and love it. I really don't want to have to drag my ipod everywhere

Or load music on your cell phone. Lol

The ipod sounds way better than the radio It uses the amp on the ipod too

I put the sat antenna behind the T-tops and I ran the wire under the weather striping.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389672430.984774.jpg

The problem is reception. It's ok to put GPS antennas inside...not so much for sat radio.

The problem is reception. It's ok to put GPS antennas inside...not so much for sat radio.
that's what I've heard, but I have it for the home and the antenna is inside, just by the window. Even facing the wrong direction and I get a 100% reception. I was thinking maybe even in the cowl area. I guess I'll just have to try out different locations

I put the gps antenna on the dash. You really don't notice it on top. You have to look for it.

that's what I've heard, but I have it for the home and the antenna is inside, just by the window. Even facing the wrong direction and I get a 100% reception. I was thinking maybe even in the cowl area. I guess I'll just have to try out different locations

*bump*

Where did it end up? Looking at purchasing a GN and trying to figure this out.

I put mine on the dash, right hand corner between grille opening and the windshield....doesn't pick up well , but its hidden.
I've thought about in the rear spoiler somehow, but that would be a lot of work....but it would be hidden, and be a good spot....they will receive under plastic and glass or wood....

I added Sirius to a C6 a few years ago. Mounted the antenna on the right corner of the dash, no issues with reception. It's funny, I've had cars with factory mounts that didn't get nearly as good reception as that Vette... I plan on picking up a factory radio, with a USB port added and hide a sat receiver in the glove box. I want a factory look, but not factory sound.

Regards,
John