SIMMONS Wheels Group Purchase???

RUN4BUX

Someone mentioned one a while back (1 year - 1.5 year ago), Any chance of another one happening and is anyone interested?

I'm in. I picked up my first set of 18's a couple of years ago. They look great (pics to be posted soon!). I'm ready for my second set.

I guess we need to contact GroupAwheels unless someone knows any other business that is a SIMMONS dealer.

Are any of the supporting vendors selling these wheels? I can call a friend tommorow and see if he is willing to undertake the task of a group purchase through his smaller parts store.

If anyone else has a good idea of how to accomplish this group purchase please inform us as there seems to be a great interest in this possible GP.

Did you happen to find out some pricing?
Sory, not trying to be a PITA.;)

Simmons wheel group purchase

I contacted Group A Wheels this morning and spoke with Jeff (nice guy cause I've dealt with hime before). He requires a minimum simultaneous purchase of 5 sets of wheels to extend a discount of $400 per set. The wheels can be for any make, any car.

If we're going to do this, there will need to be one point of contact to coordinate all purchases and communication. The breakdown is as follows:

17" wheels up to 9" in width: $2095 (includes discount)
17" wheels greater than 9":Add $100 per set

18" wheels up to 9" in width: $2195 (includes discount)
18" wheels greater than 9":Add $100 per set

19" wheels up to 9" in width: $2395 (includes discount)
19" wheels greater than 9":Add $100 per set

If we get more than 5 people or a business, further discounts may be available.

I'm still good for two sets. How many of you are still interested?

What sizes are most common used on a GN with these rims? I think 17's would be the biggest I would want.

FB - Great job. I haven't had a chance to check out any details so I'm glad your on the ball.

I'm in for a set of 18's. Do we need to contact Jeff directly or get our stuff straight on this board then have FB contact him.

Surely we can round up enough buyers for 2 more sets. Just let me know.

17s...BUT I would like to know an exact size we are going to need. I dont want to run a spacer or have any issues after paying the $$.
How long to get em after we order?

Anyone doing a TIRE GP to go along with the rims??

Simmons wheels

I'm willing to lead this effort if its ok with you guys. If QWK, JPRATT, PLUMUSL, RUN4BUX and myself are committed, then we have satisfied Simmons requirements and we can proceed.

Jeff at GroupA will need one bank check or a money order from only one of us to start the build process. The amount will have to be a 50% deposit for the total of 5 sets. The remainder of the amount will be due in one bank check or money order prior to shipment.

GroupA needs to know your front and rear suspension configuration for the cars. If the car has stock spindles, brakes, control arms, inner fender wells, Jeff can build a 17, 18 or 19 to fit that config. If you're using Baer/Brembo brake packages, Jeff can configure the wheel around those packages, as he has all the specs for the respective brake mfg's.

GroupA can also provide tire packages. On my previous purchase, I chose the Toyos (255/35x18's for the front, 295/35x18's for the rear). The combo fits like glove and there is definately a positive difference in the steering and handling.

Your thoughts............................

Run4Bux, I see you are a tide fan...Where are you located? I think I know who you are just not sure ;)

I'm located in the little town of Haleyville in the NW corner of the state.

I used to street race in B-ham and attended and worked at several OLD computercar races at Steele and Lassiter.

Ok, not who I thought you were. I'm sure we've met at some point. I know a guy from Tuscaloosa that uses the name Run4Bux on a forum or two. Thx, Scott Porter

Your thinking of Stan down in T-town. He jacked my name on some F-150 and LS1 boards (I must be his idol!!!). He too is from Haleyville but may not claim it.