Sig Sauer P226 Deal at Budsgunshop

I would call them and make sure its a new gun rather than a used to make sure. If its new is a pretty good deal.

I would call them and make sure its a new gun rather than a used to make sure. If its new is a pretty good deal.
Def a new gun. They just came back in stock so Bud's says. Its the Diamond Plate edition whihc looks ok. Not sure Im ready to drop 675 for just one handgun yet

Not crazy about the DP on the slide, but considering it's a SIG that is not a bad price at all. I paid close to $900 for my SIG P226 9mm with the SRT and night sights.

Not crazy about the DP on the slide, but considering it's a SIG that is not a bad price at all. I paid close to $900 for my SIG P226 9mm with the SRT and night sights.
I didnt like it at first, but its growing on me. I could get usta it for sure at that price. But im not looking to dish that much out fo my first handgun. I rather buy a Glock and get 1000rds for the same price

what glock are you looking at? ive owned and modified a glock 19 and 27 and love both for carry and range. You should also look at the springfield xd line

Really, look at the m&p. I am still waiting for mine getting it for spring qualifications. Try to shoot the xd also, it has alot less recoil then the block. Just make sure you shoot a gun b4 you buy it.

I did the exact thing you just mentioned and afterwards I decided the Glock19 wasn't for me. I bought one slightly used in good condition used for $400, put 1100 rounds through it and decided it was not for me. I had shot my dad's SIG before I bought the Glock and really liked it, but didn't want to spend the money. Afterwards I kicked myself because I realized I should've just shelled out a little more money for what I really wanted and I actually would have came out ahead. Oh well, YMMV. Have fun.

If you haven't joined a gun forum yet I'd suggest gunboards.com. They also have group purchases on ammo and parts as well as a good group of people like over here that are willing to help with info.:)

Ive shot both Glock and M&P Ive shot the M&P 9mm compact and fullsize .40 M&P and the Glock 17. REALLY like the M&P's. Glock is ok. I think id hafta shoot it more get usta the trigger . Id like to shot the compact Glocks but none of the ranges rent them out. But I love the Glocks versatility. Didnt get a chance to shoot an XD either. But im sure the M&P will be my first purchase. Im gonna end up with both of them in the end anyway, its just which one first

If you haven't joined a gun forum yet I'd suggest gunboards.com. They also have group purchases on ammo and parts as well as a good group of people like over here that are willing to help with info.:)
Im on Defensivehandguns.com forume. Plenty of info and legal aspects. They do the Virgnia and Florida Non resident concealed carry classes, which i beleive are 30 some states.. But not NJ :mad: go figure. Itll be good info when I get outta here. But honestly Ive learned more from watching youtube video's from Hickok and Nutnfancy to just regular users. Hell you guys are filled with just as much if not more info then other forumes ive been on and ive been on a bunch.

It's more of a technical forum like GNTtype. It does have some stuff on it related to laws ect but it's mostly all about guns, their designs and function.

they go to the bullethole in belleville weekly and will let you try their guns out
Thats over 100 miles away from me. I plan on having a nice collection of guns in my life so honestly if I buy one thats not a favorite of mine so be it. Im sure someone I know will enjoy shooting it. But Im pretty confident Buying a M&P and a Glock I will be happy with both.

...Not sure Im ready to drop 675 for just one handgun yet

That's not much money really. I've bought revolvers that cost more than that. They have increased in value better than my 401K or my T-Type. About the only autoloaders that increase in value are the handguns by Colt.

What are you doing looking at 9mm anyway? If you go with a full frame autoloader, you might as well go with the 45acp or the 40S&W.

What's up with the Diamond Plate look? That's one homely piece!

~JM~

I know 700 isnt a bad price on a nice gun. But Im not in it for the retail value. Im in it for recreational use. And when Im not into reloading yet ill be savng 5-10 bucks per case rather then the 40 and .45. Plus I already have about 2 cases of 9mm and I can readily and easily get cases of 9mm , So If thats not enough exscuse to get a 9mm then I dunno what else is. And .40 is the biggest id go Just bc I could swap barrels out to a 9mm . Id rather send them smaller calibers more accurate then slinging the .45 slugs all over. I plan on getting two handguns. A 9mm and a .40cal I just plan on buying the 9mm first. The guns that will only get 100rds a every few months through them willl be purchased as I add to my collection.