Side Windows

TurboV6Olds

Could anyone tell me if they make replacement side windows for 87 GN? Im wanting to paint my car and the rubber around the windows is a little tired. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Rick

The glass or the dew sweeps? I believe G body, Kirbans, as well as a few others carry all the weather stripping for our cars.

The glass or the dew sweeps? I believe G body, Kirbans, as well as a few others carry all the weather stripping for our cars.
It is the weather stripping around the back side windows. I didnt think the rubber could be replaced. Thanks for the info.
Rick

nobody makes the seals or the glass. i went to world of motorworks and looked at his collection of quarter glass. the cost is $260.00 for the set.

here is another option, "frenched quarter glass". No need for weather strip and a much cleaner look than factory. This is not my car but another members, perhaps they may chime in, if I recall they may have been looking to manufacture and sell this glass.

glass-jpg.142926

The costs of doing the frenched style was more than it was worth unfortuntely.:( The frenched rears are on hold indefinately.:(

It can't be too bad to make yourself. I am going to give it a try.

Nix

It can't be too bad to make yourself. I am going to give it a try.

Nix
Tempered glass is expensive and getting the ritht curve on it will be the biggest issue Zack. I've been thining about going to the scrap yard to see if I can find something with the right curve to it so I can make a couple for myself.

I was thinking of making it out of Lexan, Charlie. It doesn't have to be tempered afaik.

Nix

My body is in the paint shop right now and i seen the frenched glass a while back and talked to my guy about doing it he said speed glass or lexan would work but the urethane sealer does not adhere well at all to it he lost a window out of his own truck! Takes allot of prep so he says but still iffy. Glass is the way but as said very pricey to make my guy came up with trimming all the rubber of the quater glass and leaving the little black strip aound it which still has the mounting studs and cutting the quarter frame in the body so they sit flush! That is a bit extreme if you not painting but i think its going to look good in the end! I hope!
Chris

I was thinking of making it out of Lexan, Charlie. It doesn't have to be tempered afaik.

Nix
Lexan is great for the track but not legal for street use. Since you have to go through inspection you may not pass if someone catches it Zack.