should i buy this corvette

cold85

i have a friend that i know very good and a car i know very well The car is a 1994 corvette with 50,000 miles on it and not a scratch on the car. It is white with red interior and drives like brand new. The car has a clean title and has not been wrecked. he priced it to me at $12000.00 but I think i can get it for 11

Wrong forum man.
IMO I think the price is kinda high, check the guides for a ballpark idea. The miles aren't too bad though. If it is super clean maybe it's worth the price.

10---a good deal
11--fair to both
12--high

the c4 market is VERY soft---trust me ---i sold one about a month ago

good luck

Geoff

I would have to agree with ghall on this one. Unless it's an anniversary model the 84-96 cars aren't that popular. (Had an 88 35th anniv model-lost my rear when I got rid of it) The best comparison I can make is this: The C-4 vettes are to the vette enthusiasts what the "hot air" turbos are to most on this board, limited appeal and a softer market. 10-10.5 would be a good price.

You may be better off giving a few bucks more for a
car you know than one you don't.
$11k would be a great price if the car is what your looking for.

i just did a quick look up on kelleybluebook.com and it gave me $11, 450 for the car with standard options. then again, they price my 176k gn at $8750, go figure..... it all comes down to what someone is willing to pay for it, and if you know its a good car and its what you want, 11 grand is not bad at all for a C4, they are some of the nicest looking vettes out there. dont know about the red interior though......

I wouldnt pay more than 11k and 10.5 should work. Yes the C-4 market is soft and with the release of the C-6 should get even softer.

I dont think i would say the C-4 isnt popular its just that as the C-5 comes down in price more people are buying them because they are a more solid car with better performance. A 300hp car with great looks, respectable braking and good handling for around 10k isnt a bad deal. Or you could always go buy a new Kia.

I am not a fan of the C4 LT1 Vettes. The interiors look like crap in my opinion and a Camaro can be had cheaper and look a lot better inside and out.

The only C4's I would get would be the 96 GS or the LT5. Beyond that, I wouldnt get a C4.