shifting problems, 2-3, fresh tranny and old one

lrayzer

Shop Dawg Emma
I am trying to solve a problem for my buddies car.
It does not want to shift from 2 to 3 at anything over 1/2 throttle.

This problem apparently existed before we rebuilt his engine and swapped in a new tranny that he bought thru the GSCA club.

The TV cable appears to be pulled too far out, close to 3/4"

Both of my G/N's are only about 1/4"

I have gone over the cable and bracket placements with him on the phone and all is correct.
Stock TB and plenum with a 1/2" spacer.

I'm scratching my head on this one, his car is cursed..
got a street shootout we wanted to make tonight.

Anyone got a direction to point me in ?
I am heading over there to look shortly.

update !!! Could there be a problem with the convertor ? It is an aftermarket lockup from suncoast.

The previous tranny would not shift at all at hard throttle, the new one justs flares like crazy.

Thanks !

craig718, this is the tranny that Dan called you about today, must be one of yours.

I am sure it is not a problem with your tranny, got to be TV cable or converter related.

I just gave him one of my cables, I think his may not be holding position.

seriously dont think its a convertor problem .a flare is not enough pressure clamping the clutches down.all trans are installed in a vehicle and recieve about 100 miles before shipping .if the tv cable is loose a flare is possible .check adjustment and call us on monday if the problem persists .customer removed pan to install his own so definately make sure the filter aint loose and the cable is connected downstairs .www.ckperformance.com

I forgot that he had changed the pan out.
I did ask him if the filter was OK.

The old trans had a similar problem, I don't think the tranny was hurt but he changed it anyway.

I still don't understand the TV cable being out so far, don't think it is the converter either, has to be something common to his install.

Better take another look at the filter and deep pan install.

Thanks for the reply.