shifter adjustment

streetknights

installed a new shifter cable, had to ever so slightly open up the shifter end of the cable with a drill bit, for some reason the cotter pin was missing and the old cable rubbed a groove on the shaft where it was sitting sideways, now i have trouble getting the steering column to go the lock position when i shut the car off, i have to pretty much slam it in park before the key will turn all the way off. also i installed a new bulb while i had the console off and the indicator is off, not sure if it was like this before(the bulb was out).

Now, after all that, where is the adjustment?

ttt

ttt

figured out that i can twist the collar on the column and get it to lock out, but i don't want to do this forever

There is a rod that goes down to the shift linkage. There is a collar on it near the linkage where the two bars come together. You need to adjust the rod by loosening the collar, repositioning and then tighten.

yep

yeah, i already found that one and tried it all the way out and all the way in. i couldn't tell that it made a difference, i'll mess with it some more though, thanks