shift kit?

grw

Any local feedback on what works best, what u have installed?
I am getting a lot of flare on 2-3 and thought I would try a kit before accepting that I may need to do more than that. Thanks
Gary

i had a real slow 1-2 shift and did a b&m and there trick shift fluid but it didnt help much ? a little better but it still takes forever to shift

i have always had good luck with the real art carr's kit for the buick's. but it sounds like the 3rd gear clutch's mite be bad and the kit wont help if they are. but it will still help after the rebuild.

Gary,

I've installed the Mike Kurtz kit on two cars. It shifts REALLY hard. I'd go with Len's advice on this one and get one from Art Carr.

Of course we could always caravan down for the Vegas event and "save" on shipping to Len's shop ;)

If you want to go for the kit, or yank the trans, let me know I'll come over and help.

Thanks much for the feedback. Agreed, the kit may not fix it but it's a cheap "try". I will order the ACarr kit and may take you up on the help offer Dave, thanks for offering.
If that does not do the trick I crate it up and send it to you LEN.
ps- are you making the trip out to Woodburn TT again this year.
Thanks
Gary

Originally posted by grw
Thanks much for the feedback. Agreed, the kit may not fix it but it's a cheap "try". I will order the ACarr kit and may take you up on the help offer Dave, thanks for offering.
If that does not do the trick I crate it up and send it to you LEN.
ps- are you making the trip out to Woodburn TT again this year.
Thanks
Gary
we will be there this year with at least 2 cars. :)

Originally posted by DEL

Of course we could always caravan down for the Vegas event and "save" on shipping to Len's shop ;)

Len's shop has the coldest beer on the planet :D ..........at least it feels that way when it's 110* in the shade ;) :cool:

And he may even let you use his hoist for 5 or 6 hours....just ask Cairns about that ;)

Originally posted by LV GN
we will be there this year with at least 2 cars. :)

By the way Len are you going to be at the Vegas race next weekend? I'll be there with TAFC Cascade Chevrolet - Clint Thompson. If you're there come by and say hi.

Originally posted by DEL
By the way Len are you going to be at the Vegas race next weekend? I'll be there with TAFC Cascade Chevrolet - Clint Thompson. If you're there come by and say hi.
i have to go to phoenix the next 2 weekends. im picking up 2 motors and a gn for a trans this weekend and then bringing the gn back down the next weekend. but should be home early sunday. call me. maybe we can hook up then 702 812 3457