Shift Kit Springs, Seals & Plug ???

springs1.JPG
3-2 control valve.jpeg
I have a few Questions. (with photos)

1- What is the spring in the middle of the photo for?
2- Are the 1-2 and 3-4 springs correct?
3- Should there be a rubber seal on the piston?
4- Would this be the proper location for the 1/4" plug on the 3/2 Control valve?
5- What would be the proper spring orientation for the 3-4 Accumulator Piston?
1 spring above Piston & 1 below? Or just 1 between sep plate & Piston?
Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• springs1.JPG
    springs1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 69

this is how a stock brf is suppose to be.
i believe the middle spring is a second servo return spring but not sure.
According to those instructions I guess you leave out the #16 spring and install the cup plug as a spacer.
I would take the seal off the original accumulator piston to use on the new piece. I believe the new one is included to replace a worn pin hole on the original to prevent a leak.
Couldn't say on the 1-2 and 3-4.

I'm guessing this is someones kit. I think these pieces are to try to get away from the 3-2 downshift clunk.

Surely someone with more know than me will let us know.

1- the spring in the middle looks like the replacement/shorter servo spring for a billet servo. Did you order a CK billet servo also? How tall and wide is the spring? (I will compare it against mine)

2. I can't really answer this question in confidence. Your 1/2 and 3/4 springs look completely different from mine. And I have 3 kits from ck. in my kits, The 1/2 springs are have a really large diameter and have thick coils. These springs are painted yellow, and white. My 3/4 springs are both like either a redish or purple-ish color.

3. Yes you should have a o-ring seal on the piston.

4. Yes , you are correct, the cup is pictured on the right end. Just use some Vaseline to hold it in place while you install the valve.

5. One 3/4 spring, it assembly is Case, piston, then the spring sits inside of piston, the gasket, the sep. plate.(based on your power range and stall converter)

I omitted my 1/2 and 3/4 springs and pins per the instructions based on my application.