shift kit question

gnandy

i have an original trans in my 87 gn with 70k on the clock..I am looking to upgrade it a little ..I was thinking about a shift kit from ck performance , bigger trans oil pan (finned aluminum from hughes performance) and a trans cooler....what would you guys rec, or any opinions..

Since 1988 I have been making my own kits but have installed just about everything out there. I like CK's kit pretty good. Art Carr was pretty simple but worked very good too. :) In other words, if you are going to spend some money, I would go with the CK kit.

i have an original trans in my 87 gn with 70k on the clock..I am looking to upgrade it a little ..I was thinking about a shift kit from ck performance , bigger trans oil pan (finned aluminum from hughes performance) and a trans cooler....what would you guys rec, or any opinions..

I have sent you a PM.

I can tell the last one was sarcasm....but come on this is the TECH section. I haven't read a damn bit of tech in this thread. You don't have to post that you sent him a pm, there is this little box that pops up the next time he visits the site...i think he'll know about it when he gets it. I understand not wanting to share your shift kit or other modification details but this is silly.

I have used a transgo, Art Carr and a CK. CK has continued to improve it and everytime it seems to get better. I have used the CK successfully for a while. I would also ask Chris if he has any 200 3 spd servos. For a 11 sec car I really like the way these clean up the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. His billet servo has been wonderful and is in almost every low 11 and faster build I have done so far but it is $$ compared to a nice 3 spd 200 servo. Neither of the before mentioned servos have a harsh 3-2 kickdown clunk.

The pan is a great idea, and so is the trans cooler.

I understand not wanting to share your shift kit or other modification details but this is silly.
He sends a PM to avoid arguments. When he shares what he does and more importantly what he doesn't do people argue with him and call him names. When this happens,the person who starts the thread and is looking for answers ends up more confused than ever. He's been building transmissions,that live under extreme abuse,longer than most. Arguing with him is silly.

He sends a PM to avoid arguments. When he shares what he does and more importantly what he doesn't do people argue with him and call him names. When this happens,the person who starts the thread and is looking for answers ends up more confused than ever. He's been building transmissions,that live under extreme abuse,longer than most. Arguing with him is silly.

Funny, does that require him to post "sent you a pm" This is the TECH section. Its probably pretty frustrating for somebody that uses the search function and reads the thread hoping to get a few ideas or answers and yet all he reads is "sent a pm" I have personally seen nobody argue with him about his shift calibration techniques because I don't think they've been posted on the board before. I know his transmissions seem to hold up and most of his customers are happy... thats fine and good for him.

Its probably pretty frustrating for somebody that uses the search function and reads the thread hoping to get a few ideas or answers and yet all he reads is "sent a pm"
Anyone looking for answers from this thread could,simply,send Dave a PM. That way neither Dave nor the person looking for advise would have to get in the middle of this argument.

Anyone looking for answers from this thread could,simply,send Dave a PM. That way neither Dave nor the person looking for advise would have to get in the middle of this argument.

You just dont get it, and its obvious you won't. Its a message board/public forum... not an email. If he wants to send a pm I have no issue with it. But the whole point of this section is to share information for the public to read.