Shakedown run on new combo 10.855/124

Xflatrater

Stuck like superglue on 5psi soft launch 1.6 60' Boost at17psi on this first run on new engine, turbo, suspension.
Track was busy and it was 82 degrees today so it was one run and out.

I think I need to thank baseline suspension, I was shocked when it hooked been fighting that for a long time.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Factory 231 bored and stroked to 250 cubes its making about 500 whp on a soft safe 17lb tune very happy with it.

I thought the stock location intercooler would choke it but its working well .. its a full weight car with a/c

Congrats, thats getting it done! Now turn the boost up and bust out some 9's. HAHA

How much timing were you running on that pass?

Regards,
Shev

23 degrees it shows 12% converter slip it may be time to retire my trusty art carr 9"

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

12% at 5800 rpm is roughly 700 rpm slip. That's not bad IMO and I think there is more left in the converter. What did the 8th mile et and mph look like?

Even if you are giving up a little slip on the Art Carr, those converters are soooooo much fun for street cruising. With the 6262 on my GN the Art Carr brings it in HARD on the street.

Regards,
Shev

Its really a blast to drive its an "F" stall 9" . I will crank the boost up later on in the summer and try for a better time, I would love to see a 9.x but it may take some effort to get there.

Your converter is an Art Carr 19930? I have one I got in trade and I had Art re-stall to the "P" range (3000-3200). I really wasn't planning on using it, but I might give it a try now.