sg1 109 block bored .060 over

Habibacus

ok guys, im about to send my 109 block that is bored .060 over to be built at a machine shop. needed to know everything that i need to tell them to do to it. is there a certain type of gasket to go with? any info would be appreciated. id like for this thing to be a beast!!! thanks guys

good luck

is there a certain type of gasket to go with? any info would be appreciated. id like for this thing to be a beast!!! thanks guys

mls gaskets are hard to beat and worth the money to me good luck

o and ps if you have issues with block feel free to ship to me to take off your hand lol ;)

Where can I learn about this sleeve thing, i.e., I don't have a clue of your stated advice meaning.

I purchased a 87 GN that has a stage 1 engine (what ever that means) with six sleeves! What is the purpose of the sleeves, why is it good or whatever?

If the bore of the block is to large you have the holes machined out and a sleeve is installed to bring it back to stock dimentions. The sleeve is usually better matereal than the block so it will hold up better.

rather than 6 sleeves it maybe cheaper to get a good block to begin with.. Oh telling a machine shop what to do ?? I sure got a good laugh outta that :p I can see it now.. Ya have an issue with it and they simply reply "thats what you told us to do" :eek:

If the bore of the block is to large you have the holes machined out and a sleeve is installed to bring it back to stock dimensions. The sleeve is usually better material than the block so it will hold up better.

True BUT its not cheap and must be done competently.

If the block is in otherwise good shape it might be worth something 30 years in the future when blocks are all but gone. But to go through the expense of sleeve installation now when you can get a block for 200-300 bucks is zany.

True BUT its not cheap and must be done competently.

If the block is in otherwise good shape it might be worth something 30 years in the future when blocks are all but gone. But to go through the expense of sleeve installation now when you can get a block for 200-300 bucks is zany.

I'm not argueing with you at all. It ain't cheap but if he's got little option then it is a soluting to running a .060 block. I was just explaining to him what a sleeve is.:smile:

No I understand, that was for the benefit of the .060 block owner.

Well I'm sorry to say I'm one of them at the moment.:redface: I call it my "blow up block" but I'll see if she can handle the pressure when I get around to putting it together. If I had the cash rignt now I'd build the 4.1 I have in storage but I just don't have it.:mad: I'm strapped like the rest of you so I hope it works out in the end.:eek::biggrin:

Well I'm sorry to say I'm one of them at the moment.:redface: I call it my "blow up block" but I'll see if she can handle the pressure when I get around to putting it together. If I had the cash rignt now I'd build the 4.1 I have in storage but I just don't have it.:mad: I'm strapped like the rest of you so I hope it works out in the end.:eek::biggrin:

Me too I have all the parts to build a nasty 4.1 ; steel crank, k1 rods etc but I ran out of bread for the forged pistons and no hypers for me.

Me too I have all the parts to build a nasty 4.1 ; steel crank, k1 rods etc but I ran out of bread for the forged pistons and no hypers for me.

Boy I know that feeling.:redface: I'm planning on a stock stroke with 6.65" rods and a 4" bore. Should make it a hauler but I'm stuck right now with what I've got. I wish you luck and maybe I'll get the car together for Nobel and meet up with you.:biggrin: