setting cam sensor

jerritt

Okay so I put the car at 0 TDC and then took it to the 25 ATDC and put a voltmeter in the cam sensor and after putting it on and plugging everything up and the volt showed 6.18 and I guess I'm supposed to spin the entire thing clockwise until the volts go up to 7.5 and then take it counter clockwise to 0 and then tighten everything up but I can't get it to come off of 6.18 am I doing something wrong or does that point towards a bad cam sensor or anything like that? Thanks in advance everyone

its not timing ..timing is not the cam sensor
could be the cap is bad , voltage should drop when the window is at the sensor contacts directly under the wires
...and it has to be 25 ATDC on the #1 compression stroke
instructions are pretty clear ..
http://vortexbuicks-etc.com/cam_sensor.htm

Yeah it was the middle wire and sorry about calling it timing that was just a mistake I know it doesn't control timing idk why I titled it that lol. But I tried again today with a different meter and still doesn't read the 7.5 ....stays at 6.19 ....the window is pointing towards the drivers headlight when the car is 25 ATDC I just can't get the volt meter to drop to 0 when I turn it ...I finally got it to start but backfired and shut off....I know I'm doing something wrong and yes the instructions are crystal clear that's what's making this process make me want to drive this car off a cliff but it won't run long enough to do so lol

Just trying to help, but are you sure your setting it on the compression stroke.you could be 180 out.