serious knock issues and possible solutions?

gordsgn

i just installed my scanmaster today on my bone stock 86 gn and found some interesting numbers when i took it out for a test run. after a 3rd gear roll on to full throttle the scanmaster recall showed 760 mV and 19* of knock retard (i dont have any other numbers, how do you recall these?). obviously this is not good. is the o2 sensor reading low enough to cause this much knock? my first impressions are to either raise the fuel pressure or lower boost. i do not have a fp regulator or pressure gauge so i am thinking of installing a boost bleeder valve (norgren R07-100-RNTA), which i already have, to fix this problem for the time being. will this enable me to lower the boost enough? what is the best way to install this part? any advice would be greatly appreciated as i am still new to the turbo buicks and looking to head to the track as soon as i can get this stuff figured out

i just installed my scanmaster today on my bone stock 86 gn and found some interesting numbers when i took it out for a test run. after a 3rd gear roll on to full throttle the scanmaster recall showed 760 mV and 19* of knock retard (i dont have any other numbers, how do you recall these?). obviously this is not good. is the o2 sensor reading low enough to cause this much knock? my first impressions are to either raise the fuel pressure or lower boost. i do not have a fp regulator or pressure gauge so i am thinking of installing a boost bleeder valve (norgren R07-100-RNTA), which i already have, to fix this problem for the time being. will this enable me to lower the boost enough? what is the best way to install this part? any advice would be greatly appreciated as i am still new to the turbo buicks and looking to head to the track as soon as i can get this stuff figured out

PLEASE DONT GO WOT ANYMORE UNTIL YOU GET THE BASICS INSTALLED AND LEARNED!!

What grade gas?
Fuel pump and hotwire??
Boost gauge?
How much boost?
you NEED a fuel PSI reg ASAP!
What chip?
Fuel PSI is set to chip recommendations.

As far as the Scanmaster goes when you are doing a WOT blast in 3rd look at the numbers on the screen and see the average thats being displayed..765..742..769..750..etc and Tune off of that not recalling.

If everything is stock, you need a new fuel pump, fule pressure regulator and a new chip. The fuel pump is most likely not providing enough fuel and the timing in the stock chip is too high for todays gasoline.

dont worry, it'll be a while before i put my foot to the floor again. i dont want to have to rebuild this engine any time soon so i'm going to stay out of it till everything works. i plan on doing most of the mentioned upgrades but i have some questions. keep in mind i want the car to be as stock as possible (no major, car altering changes) this is not a race car but my daily driver that i want to take to the track every once and a while. do i need to upgrade the fuel pump or will a stock replacement be ok? what chip do you guys recommend? i have a boost guage, and i just need to know how to install it before i can put it in. who makes a good fuel pressure regulator for our cars? sorry for all the questions but i want to get as much info as possible so i can do everything right.

thanks

thanks for the help. looks like i have something new to save up for! just curious, that kit comes with 60lbs injectors...what is the flow of the stock injectors?