sending unit ground fix

86 got boost

I removed my tank to find the original fuel pump and sock
(which still worked) not sure how well sock was black and fell apart when it dried, the vehicle does also have the cola can fuel pump externally, but looking to change back to intank, reason removed was to fix sending unit which is in the process but, had a question on the ground????
Is there a way I can put a new wire in and some how mount it, instead of the rusty tab it has or leave it??? Its not broke and nothing wrong...
just looks iffy...
thanks, ray

Brand new sending units are available if that would make you feel better. The rusty tab can be wire brushed and then after plugging into, cap sealed. Just check the continuity of the ground.

yes I know that dont need that, I read awlile ago a fix for ground (if) it broke, as of tapping and mounting to plate (same area) and used a thicker wire. anybody done?
Brand new sending units are available if that would make you feel better. The rusty tab can be wire brushed and then after plugging into, cap sealed. Just check the continuity of the ground.

I did that

yes I know that dont need that, I read awlile ago a fix for ground (if) it broke, as of tapping and mounting to plate (same area) and used a thicker wire. anybody done?

I drilled a through hole and put and eyelet on a bolt and nut to repair my ground before. I have since bought a new sender to replace. It was about $110.

what is the difference between the analog and the digital? what is the diff on the hanger,
Is it the wider opening on bottom part...?! found several for 110 to 140 but there a spectra and they cant tell me if its for what dash........ I have digital

I don't think there is a difference between digital and analog. I may be wrong though.
There is a difference between fuel injected and carbureted.

They definitely ARE different... (analog vs. digital).... the resistance range of the senders are different... don't know the exact numbers off hand, but substituting one for the other will result in very inaccurate fuel gage readings.

I guess going w/ the ones from ***********? cause the others i found are all analog hangers cause of desription says 90ohms full, I love the digital cause its unique not alot around but what a pain... my speedo is out, gas gauge IDK what to say?! and when my car hits second gear the fasten seat belt light comes on for about 10 seconds... and fades away, comes on in a flash though... other then that it illuninates?!
thanks everyone for replies, keep it boosted....

I guess going w/ the ones from ***********? cause the others i found are all analog hangers cause of desription says 90ohms full, I love the digital cause its unique not alot around but what a pain... my speedo is out, gas gauge IDK what to say?! and when my car hits second gear the fasten seat belt light comes on for about 10 seconds... and fades away, comes on in a flash though... other then that it illuninates?!
thanks everyone for replies, keep it boosted....

Good choice... the nos4gn (full url blocked on this site as they are not a 'supporting vendor' :rolleyes:) hanger/senders are remanufactured to gm specs using gm prints and design requirements and are thus 'gm certified'. You can be assured of an oem quality piece and Glen's customer service is second to none. John Spina at Casper's Electronics can likely fix your speedo right up, and his prices are definitely reasonable. The fasten seat belt light idiocy is the result of a failing 'chime module', which is available for peanuts (I think). hth... :)

my chime module removed, the light, its been like that since 2000 keeps the pass. in check to have that belt on haha... its the 300 to fix dash module why I keep putting on hold, its been like this since 03' I have that certain tone in the exhaust down to know how fast im going when cruising around. thanks B,
ray

Good choice... the nos4gn (full url blocked on this site as they are not a 'supporting vendor' :rolleyes:) hanger/senders are remanufactured to gm specs using gm prints and design requirements and are thus 'gm certified'. You can be assured of an oem quality piece and Glen's customer service is second to none. John Spina at Casper's Electronics can likely fix your speedo right up, and his prices are definitely reasonable. The fasten seat belt light idiocy is the result of a failing 'chime module', which is available for peanuts (I think). hth... :)