Senator Kerry says...

Silver 6

Combustion Engine Addict
Well what does he say?

Speaking of al-Sadr's newspaper, which was shut down by coalition forces last week after it urged violence against U.S. troops, Kerry complained to National Public Radio, "They shut a newspaper that belongs to a legitimate voice in Iraq."

In the next breath, however, the White House hopeful caught himself and quickly changed direction, adding, "Well, let me . . . change the term legitimate. It belongs to a voice — because he has clearly taken on a far more radical tone in recent days and aligned himself with both Hamas and Hezbollah, which is a sort of terrorist alignment."

Should we arrest the guy who is leading the militia killing our soldiers?

But Kerry again seemed to voice sympathy for the Shiite terrorist when asked whether he supported al Sadr's arrest. "Not if it’s an isolated act without the other kinds of steps necessary to change the dynamics on the ground in Iraq," Kerry told NPR, in quotes first reported by the New York Sun.

And a pearl of wisdom:

"all we do is make war against the Iraqi people and continue an American occupation"

Yep, thats the guy to run our war on terror.

According to a new book, three independent sources close to the Bush family report that Governor Bush was arrested in 1972 for cocaine possession, and taken to Harris County Jail, but avoided jail or formal charges through an informal diversion plan involving community service with Project P.U.L.L., an inner city Houston program for troubled youths at the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center in Houston's dirt-poor Third Ward.

The Bush Legacy < Cocaine Profits
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Miami New Times
February 27, 1991

Dirty Money
By Jefferson Morley

The photograph is unexceptional, according to those who have inspected it, similar to pictures seen in the homes and offices of self-important people everywhere. An ambitious businessman is shown grasping the hand of a prominent political figure. The businessman is Leonel Martinez, well-known Miami home builder, convicted drug trafficker, and murder suspect. He is shaking hands with George Herbert Walker Bush, at the time vice president of the United States.
The picture of the vice president and the cocaine kingpin was discovered in one of twelve filing cabinets seized from Martinez's construction business in June 1989, when Martinez was arrested on drug charges by Metro-Dade
police and agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Good ol' Bush Boys

Book: Bush was arrested for cocaine in 1972
Texas author J.H. Hatfield claims the Republican front-runner did community service at a Houston center.

"a high-ranking advisor to Bush" who confirmed that Bush was arrested for cocaine possession in Houston in 1972, and had the record expunged by a judge who was "a fellow Republican and elected official" who helped Bush get off "with a little community service at a minority youth center instead of having to pick cotton on a Texas prison farm."

Hatfield quotes a former Yale classmate who told him: "George W. was arrested for possession of cocaine in 1972, but due to his father's connections, the entire record was expunged by a state judge whom the older Bush helped get elected. It was one of those 'behind closed doors in the judges' chambers' kind of thing between the old man and one of his Texas cronies who owed him a favor ... There's only a handful of us that know the truth

We4ster, now that more and more are ignoring you, I'm noticing that you are authoring 3 and 4 posts in a row as if arguing with yourself. Bush's record of three decades ago is less than flattering, granted, but it is eclipsed by what he is capable of/intent on doing NOW. You are replying to what Kerry says now with what Bush did 30 years ago. Your rhetoric is stale....literally. I doubt you would think it was fair if someone 45 years of age was compared to you.......when you ate a booger at age 6.

Lose gracefully, buddy.

KERRY'S RICH AND SO IS BUSH
WHOS THE BIGGER CROOK

HOW BUSH REALLY MADE HIS MILLIONS. CNN's Brooks Jackson cuts to the chase and arrives at some telling conclusions about how George made his Bush bucks: "Bush started in the Texas oil business, after Yale University and Harvard Business School. Wealthy family friends and others invested millions with him, but with poor results. A 1985 disclosure shows Bush's track record: Investors got back only 45 cents on the dollar, but few complained. Investors also got tax deductions averaging more than 80 cents on every dollar invested. Those early Bush ventures were mainly tax shelters." Everyone agrees that Dubya's baseball venture was his most successful business experience: "Bush takes credit for conceiving The Ballpark at Arlington, home of the Texas Rangers baseball team, which he bought in 1989 with a wealthy group of investors. Among them: billionaire Richard Rainwater of Fort Worth. Bush invested just over $600,000, but Arlington taxpayers invested a lot more. 'It was $135 million worth of sales tax money,' said attorney Glenn Sodd. 'The city donated a good bit of land to the project. They got a sales tax exemption on all the items that were purchased for the stadium. We have a property tax in Texas and they were given as part of the deal a property tax exemption.' A total of at least $200 million, according to Sodd." So there you have it, "Bush the businessman did prosper. But not by his bootstraps -- with help from wealthy friends and taxpayer subsidies." Will George be smart enough to realize that pointing to such business "successes" as a presidential credential would be rubbing salt into the wounds of the average taxpayer?

Wow, man. Did you actually take dance classes or are you just a natural? F*g.

I hate baseball and I was against the Ball park at arlington when it was conceved and built, but I have to hand it to those that were responsible for it, Arlington got way more than their money's worth.

Unlike other stadiums, that one's already paid off. And even those generally against public funding of sports stadiums (me for one) that one worked out. It's also not like the taxpayers of arlington are hurting for money... the motorcycle cops ride BMW's.

I would put that down as one of Bush's successes. Where's the Author of the story from? Not Arlington. Bush will win Arlington by 4:1 over Kerry (more if there wasn't so many union factories there)

Keep up the shrill, unsubstantiated bashing, though. It's working.

Missing the point,

Conservatives love to bash kerry because they say he's tied to big money via marriage..Well guess what, Bush was born with a silver spoon in his hand/up his nose. His family millions kept him out of jail and out of vietnam...Must be nice.
This thread was started for one reason by silver...to bash kerry..Well there are two sides to every coin.
Did you see that Jeb approved drivers licenses for illegals in Florida?
The governator banned that here in California.

"Did you see that Jeb approved drivers licenses for illegals in Florida?
The governator banned that here in California."

Well, at least you can marry Juan and then he can get his license.

Marry Juan,

Oooooooooo that hurt Juans feelings....He doesnt like me either

The governator banned the weddings, darn
Guess I'll have to marry my sister, just like you good ol boys do..

Originally posted by We4ster
Marry Juan,

Oooooooooo that hurt Juans feelings....He doesnt like me either

The governator banned the weddings, darn
Guess I'll have to marry my sister, just like you good ol boys do..
I grew up in Boulder, CO., one of the most 'progressive' parts of the country....hardly a good ol' boy. I can appreciate the joke, though! I hate rednecks as much as anybody. I wish we could drop all the political mambo-jahambo and just get back to talking about Buicks.

Your serve, traitor.

Traitor.....
Now thats funny....speak out against an unjust war and you are a traitor........Republican rhetoric strikes again..
Juan says he misses you...

"Watch out Kobey's gonna steal all your women"

Traitor.....
Now thats funny....speak out against an unjust war and you are a traitor........Republican rhetoric strikes again..
Juan says he misses you...

"Watch out Kobey's gonna steal all your women"
I'm not even a basketball fan and I know the name is spelled Kobe.

Which is worse, Republican rhetoric or poorly worded (and incorrectly spelled) attempts at slander by one who thought, "Now what kind of 'A' material have I got about Colorado?"?

Now you're just desperate. Jeez, this like teasing a rat in a shoebox....I'm bored.

Actually theyre both pretty funny...........
Hey I love colorado....and coors beer...its the water

Goooooooooooooooo Kobe

ohhhhh I cant wait till spring blooms and David can drive his car instead of post his rhetoric again and again and again and again

Hi Smokin'6

You are so right. I just pulled the T out yesterday and one of the first things I swore off was anything to do with We4ster.

Life is already a lot better.

This stuff is sometimes too easy. I don't have to spin the writing on Senator Kerry. He puts the best words in his own mouth.

According to a new book, three independent sources close to the Bush family report that Governor Bush was arrested in 1972 for cocaine possession...

I stopped reading there. That "new book" came out 5 YEARS AGO! and was COMPLETELY without merit.

Missing the point,...

No, that would be you missing the point. Bush has reached a point to where he is IMMUNE to "Bush Bashing". No matter what you say about him (ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED PRE 2001), it doesn't matter, now. EVERYONE has HEARD IT ALL BEFORE.

Kerry on the other hand has only been bashed for about 1 month now in the mainstream media. Dredging up Kerry's past actually STICKS to him. People have NO IDEA who he is or what he stands for. They are going to find out that what HE stands for ISN'T what they stand for.

Does anyone want to bet me a dollar on this? Anyone?

"I'm not even a basketball fan and I know the name is spelled Kobe."

DCEPTCN: - 100 grown-up points for being a dork and correcting spelling to gain leverage in an on line arguement:rolleyes: