Seat brace instructions

eagleguy

A good friend gave me a set of the rear seat braces (just the braces) for my T Type. They are the bolt on ones. Does anyone have instructions as to specific mounting point or bolts to use? Does the rear seat need to come out for install? Any special bolts needed? I intend to put a truck liner kit in after the install, will there be any issues?

here..

Attachments

• seatbraceinstructions.jpg
    seatbraceinstructions.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 152
  • seatbraceinstructions2.jpg
    seatbraceinstructions2.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 146
Questions, if you remember? Did you spot weld the end points as well? I ask because once installed and covered I will never know if the holes got elongated from anything coming loose or moving? Did the bolts go in from the car side or trunk side?
If it is not necessary to spot weld I will not and install just using bolts.

Thanks

Last edited:
I put the bolts in the holes with the threads coming toward the trunk, i just installed this last weekend. On a 1 to 10 this is a five. Not to hard but you have to work in the trunk and drill the holes and then tighten everything up. The best part was finding all the crap under the back seat. I dont see the need to weld, but i dont see why you couldn't if you like. Just don't catch your ride on fire.

I put the bolts in the holes with the threads coming toward the trunk, i just installed this last weekend. On a 1 to 10 this is a five. Not to hard but you have to work in the trunk and drill the holes and then tighten everything up. The best part was finding all the crap under the back seat. I dont see the need to weld, but i dont see why you couldn't if you like. Just don't catch your ride on fire.
Thanks