SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

I like my BstC. Very easy to adjust the boost.

Could you post a screen shot of your boost on the pl graph page. Just wondering how smooth it is. Do you have issues with creep or over boost when launching?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

OK, here ya go.

lean spike one.jpg

BstC was pretty simple, it had a knob for adjusting boost, and could be set to change the boost in third gear (via an additional input). it was open loop, so there was no way for it to adjust for boost creep (or droop)

Bob

Bob, Is there any way to make the duty cycles change off time instead of gear. Kinda thinking like a throttle stop for the end of the track for bracket racing. An adjustable timer to turn down boost to keep from going to fast

On the Sd2. I'm thinking of trying that vs. The isac. I can't get the isac to be consistent.

i would need to dig out some of your old ISAC logs, hit me up on email and we can work on some things

Bob

Ok I willdo that.
Just out of curiosity, could you program that timer feature into the sd2

yeah, all the wastegate dutycycle stuff is calculated inside the PowerLogger, so its something I could do. when the weather warms up we can look at it.

B

i would need to dig out some of your old ISAC logs, hit me up on email and we can work on some things

Bob

If youwant to look i believe the last known adjustments we talked about are posted in the isac discussion thread. Last post I think.

im gonna fire this thought back up.

Bob, we talked about maybe doing a flex fuel sensor input a while back. is this something that you are working on or is it on the list of things to come?

Well, there are 2 parts to that task, the powerlogger side, i.e. adjusting the fueling, timing , and boost based on the fuel composition.

this is actually done, and waiting for some good weather to test. It will be controlled by the fuel composition setting that is one of the BLM cells.

the second part is reading the sensor. which just needs some decent weather also. Eric has a sensor and all the required bits to get it hooked
up. Then we just set the PL software up to adjust the fuel composition parameter based on the sensor info.

so, its pretty far along.

Bob

do you have any details on the sensor? im in the middle of upgrading my fuel system so now would be a good time to make a provision for the future install..

its the same one the FAST guys are always talking about. I'll let Eric chime in here.

Usually the Buick guys are installing them in the return line. What changes are you making to the fuel system? Give us some details.

Bob

its the same one the FAST guys are always talking about. I'll let Eric chime in here.

Usually the Buick guys are installing them in the return line. What changes are you making to the fuel system? Give us some details.

Bob
the car is a 1970 buick gs and im using the stock tank for that car with a comp. engineering tank sump on it. the feed and return are going to run to and from that sump.
the feed is 8an ptfe Teflon hose going from sump to filter to pump to fuel rail.
the return is 6an ptfe hose going from the regulator to a the old 3/8 steel feed line back to 6an hose then to tank.

so if it goes in the return line will it work with 3/8 or 6an hose? where to put it in the line front or rear of the car?

up front is probably easiest, -6 line from regulator to the sensor, and another from the sensor to the steel line.

Thats how Eric and I discussed it.

Bob

I just saved a 19-20 psi tune and immediately downloaded it to play with it a little. Now the car jolts back and forth and barely moves. What did I do wrong?