sd-slider BBQ/ Spoolfool cool car show @ Bates June 2nd.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Bates Nut Farm car show is back! Back in it's day, this was the greatest Turbo Buick get together on the West Coast. We're going to bring this thing back in a big way. Eric (sd-slider) and I are going to combine his BBQ gathering and my Cool Car Show in an attempt to do a West Coast mega-show. Our goal is to get as many Turbo Buicks together in one place as we can. This will be a Buick only show. However, we may set up a section just in case something else cool shows up;) . There will be no charge to enter. Everyone with a Buick or a Buick powered vehicle will get a goodie bag and event T-shirt. How do we plan on paying for all of this? A raffle. So far, every TB.com vendor that I've talked to said that they would donate some high dollar stuff to the cause. I don't want a raffle that holds everyone hostage for three hours, waiting to see who gets the two or three good things. I plan on doing this raffle with only good stuff and have it over in an hour. If Eric and I come up short on money, we're cool with that. If we come out money ahead (we should). We plan on rolling it into stuff for the next years event, plaques, trophies, security guard for the sheep pen, etc. This year we don't plan on doing awards. We just want it to be a casual get together. We plan on letting some Buick related vendors set up tables, and will be invite ONLY for them.
List of vendors and raffle stuff will be posted up soon. I also hope to have some rough scetches of the event T-shirt in the next week or so.

Well! You guys think we can get 50+ Turbo Buicks together at once?:)

Mike B.
Eric

Buicks at Bates Nut Farm. Sunday June 2nd 2013

Bates Nut Farm is located at
15954 Woods Valley Rd.
Valley Center, CA. 92082

Vendors who wish to be a part of this show, PM or call.

Time for the sheep to start getting nervous.:D

Mike B.

Great idea, Mike & Eric. I can't wait to see this. And, yes, I think that 50 or more Buicks will attend. Maybe not all 50 turbo Buicks, but I can visualize at least 50 Buicks. This might be a "Guinness World Record" holder for Buick shows. Might also be a record for most turbo Buicks shown at 1 place & 1 time.

Great idea, Mike & Eric. I can't wait to see this. And, yes, I think that 50 or more Buicks will attend. Maybe not all 50 turbo Buicks, but I can visualize at least 50 Buicks. This might be a "Guinness World Record" holder for Buick shows. Might also be a record for most turbo Buicks shown at 1 place & 1 time.

I think that the Bowling Green event gets over a hundred Turbo Buicks. The Orlando show gets around 50 most years. Not sure about the other shows. We're just going to try for the biggest West Coast show and see where it goes from there.:)

Mike B.

Cool. What's the date?
You could also do like one of the other shows and offer a prize for the person that drives a TR to the show the longest distance.

D

Awesome! Can't wait for this. Unless my schedule changes drastically i am in. Will def have the white car there, but the new goal is to have the race car done as well. Might have the wife drive the white car, i drive the race car, and caravan with Neal. I hit up Donnie, his car should be done by then too, so we may at least 3 Stage II cars there.

Lets get this thing fired up and fill the joint with Turbo Buicks!

Send me a plane ticket beotch:D You will need comedy and entertainment right?
At my past shows, I gave away a free prize to the person who drove their TB the farthest to get to the show. Here's your big chance.;)

Mike,

Sounds like fun! I'm glad you and Eric decided to combine your super powers to make this happen. ;) I'm planning on driving my car up. I promise it won't be the GTO either, I don't want to have to park by the livestock pens (Lou's favorite parking area) and sneak in. :D

Neal

Mike,

Sounds like fun! I'm glad you and Eric decided to combine your super powers to make this happen. ;) I'm planning on driving my car up. I promise it won't be the GTO either, I don't want to have to park by the livestock pens (Lou's favorite parking area) and sneak in. :D

Neal

Since we're talking about Eric and his "Super Powers".;)
Rumor has it that he's been busy spooling up a new little turbo project. Big congratulations to Eric/ sd-slider on his new son born last Tuesday. If he wasn't up to his ears in Doo-doo helping with this show, he most definitely is with diapers at home. :D

Mike B.

sounds like fun im might be in with my new shoes since i dont have a turbo regal yet!

I encourage all so cal and Arizona folks to attend. Mike, I want to help in any way I can. I'll call you . Now is the time to support our group. Let,s make this a great event!

Bates Nut Farm car show is back! Back in it's day, this was the greatest Turbo Buick get together on the West Coast. We're going to bring this thing back in a big way. Eric (sd-slider) and I are going to combine his BBQ gathering and my Cool Car Show in an attempt to do a West Coast mega-show. Our goal is to get as many Turbo Buicks together in one place as we can. This will be a Buick only show. However, we may set up a section just in case something else cool shows up;) . There will be no charge to enter. Everyone with a Buick or a Buick powered vehicle will get a goodie bag and event T-shirt. How do we plan on paying for all of this? A raffle. So far, every TB.com vendor that I've talked to said that they would donate some high dollar stuff to the cause. I don't want a raffle that holds everyone hostage for three hours, waiting to see who gets the two or three good things. I plan on doing this raffle with only good stuff and have it over in an hour. If Eric and I come up short on money, we're cool with that. If we come out money ahead (we should). We plan on rolling it into stuff for the next years event, plaques, trophies, security guard for the sheep pen, etc. This year we don't plan on doing awards. We just want it to be a casual get together. We plan on letting some Buick related vendors set up tables, and will be invite ONLY for them.
List of vendors and raffle stuff will be posted up soon. I also hope to have some rough scetches of the event T-shirt in the next week or so.

Well! You guys think we can get 50+ Turbo Buicks together at once?:)

Mike B.
Eric
I am in, can't wait..does anyone know if there is a camping area around there..for motorhomes...will there be more info on this event