Scooter question

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
I got "volunteered" to work on a scooter that's been sitting for at least 2 years now. The owner told me he had it running recently but that turned out to be BS. I did a lot of searching about issues with the Chinese POS and have found more than a few forums, but most of them are closed to new memberships. Of the 3 that I tried to join 1 sent conformation but there's been no response to my questions. Anyone here work on these things or know anything about them? It's a Roketa Catalina MC-43 150 if that brings to anyone's mind on what I'm dealing with. Cars aren't an issue but small engines and I have never gotten along.

Is it one of the 49cc engines? My son goofs with them a bit. You can buy a lot of stuff for them off eBay. The carbs are just about unservicable so he usually just buys another to save the time and hassle of disassembly. The recoil starter can be bought. As with any two cycle the crankcase must be sealed. If they ran it with straight gas or a "light"mix the piston and cylinder are probably junk.
If it is something else like ignition it probably exceeds the cost of the engine.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Do a compression test first. My neighbor had a leaf blower that would not start and I found out the cylinder head bolts had backed off. It had almost no compression. Tightened those up and it ran like brand new.

It's a 150cc 4 cycle engine. I found the car on evilbay for under 25 but the owner wants to spend as little as possible. I had to argue with him over getting the rear master cylinder and it was locked up solid. I was surprised how many board there are for these things, but most of their memberships are closed for some reason.

They probably get a lot of spam type members if they don't close it. You just have to apply and hope they let you in. Hey, just tell them you are on t6p.com , surely that will open them up. Haha

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Another reason I bought a Suzuki Bergman 650. It's fuel injection and compatible with E10 gas. Everyone I know that has a China junk scooter that runs any E10 has terrible carb problems. If this bonehead is giving you a hard time about a master cylinder then tell him go buy a new carb and put it on himself.

I got "volunteered" to work on a scooter that's been sitting for at least 2 years now. The owner told me he had it running recently but that turned out to be BS. I did a lot of searching about issues with the Chinese POS and have found more than a few forums, but most of them are closed to new memberships. Of the 3 that I tried to join 1 sent conformation but there's been no response to my questions. Anyone here work on these things or know anything about them? It's a Roketa Catalina MC-43 150 if that brings to anyone's mind on what I'm dealing with. Cars aren't an issue but small engines and I have never gotten along.
I have a Roketa scooter 250cc scooter.What do you need help with?

I have a Roketa scooter 250cc scooter.What do you need help with?
The biggest issue is the fact I can't get the damn thing to idle. I've been through the carb already and didn't find any issues. It was clean as a whistle. I know carbs well and never had an issue like this with one before so it's frustrating the hell out of me.