scanmaster

Stephen Gibson

Just a participant,Honest
Just installed my 2.1 scanmaster and the O2 readings are jumping all over the place even after putting in a new one (oxygen sensor)
and at idle it reads 000 , is this normal or do i have some other problem, The fuel pressure is at 38lbs. and the blm read between 105-150, the tps reads .48 at idle and the iac was 06 and moved a little and integrator reads 128 .The car runs better than it did
but at around 11lbs. boost it started pinging which set off knock
with 93 octane.Any and all help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Stephen

P.S.on the sheet for parameters it shows PL (injector pulsewidth)
and SP (spark advance) but mine doesn't show this feature is this optional or just not programmed.

Originally posted by Stephen Gibson
Just installed my 2.1 scanmaster and the O2 readings are jumping all over the place even after putting in a new one (oxygen sensor)
and at idle it reads 000 , is this normal or do i have some other problem, The fuel pressure is at 38lbs. and the blm read between 105-150, the tps reads .48 at idle and the iac was 06 and moved a little and integrator reads 128 .The car runs better than it did
but at around 11lbs. boost it started pinging which set off knock
with 93 octane.Any and all help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Stephen

P.S.on the sheet for parameters it shows PL (injector pulsewidth)
and SP (spark advance) but mine doesn't show this feature is this optional or just not programmed.

A few observations: While at idle you should see the O2 numbers al over the place, that indicates a fairly healthy O2 sensor. The O2 readings should NOT read 000 while at idle for any length of time. You should hardly ever see that! Could indicate a problem, possibly a vacuum leak or pre-turbo exhaust leak.

Your BLM's are spread all over also. What do your BLM read at idle?

Your idle TPS is significantly too high. You should never allow it to be over .46 The most ideal setting would be .40-.42

When do you see the 105 BLM's?

Might also want to bump your fuel pressure up to 40-42 if you have an adjustable regulator.

Knock at 11# of boost is not good. Especially on 93 octane :eek:

We have 93 octane here, and I have no trouble running 20# of boost in 1st and 2nd, and 17# in 3rd in both my GN's.
Amazing what switching from 91 octane California gas to 93 octane out here can do!!

scan master2

Thanks alot Dave I readjusted a couple things but still pinging might try another set of plugs(CR43's).The blm goes down to 105 when i get on it and then back out of it and turned the pressure up to 40-42 and got a little more power and backed out the boost a little.when should I see IAC at 10-20 because most of the time it's 0 unless giving it gas.idle is much better though.I set the IAC first then TPS .Any more info would greatly be appreciated ,what about fuel pump and filter ,would pinging be caused by this as i have a 340 walbro and hot wire kit and going to put that on next.
later
Stephen

Yes, a weak pump, or plugged filter can cause that.

You should see IAC numbers of 10-25 or so, at idle, in park. At idle in gear, they will be a little higher.

Zero IAC indicate a misadjusted idle stop screw (NOT idle rpm adjustment screw). That screw is for adjusting minumum air setting, NOT idle rpm!!!!! It is what you adjust the IAC's with
Also while adjusting minimum air (IAC), you'll need to make adjustments to the TPS to keep it in spec.

Turning the minimum air screw CCW will increase IAC numbers. Make small adjustments of 1/4 turn. You'll hear the rpm change (drop with CCW adjustment) for a few seconds but come back to where it belongs (Remember, you're not adjusting idle rpm)

The new pump and hot wire kit will likely cure your knock, but get all the other stuff in spec too.