Scanmaster works but laptop won't

mzunino

Just like it says my scanmaster shows all my readings but when I try to use my laptop it shows nothing. I was told to pull the PL off clean and reinsert. I thought there was soldering to the board? Educate me guys

mzunino said:
Just like it says my scanmaster shows all my readings but when I try to use my laptop it shows nothing works on the laptop. I was told to pull the PL off clean and reinsert. I thought there was soldering to the board? Can I damage anything doing that?Educate me guys

You'll have to be more specific about "it shows nothing". Does the laptop connect with the Powerlogger when you press the monitor button? If not, what happens?
Does the powerlogger show up in the windows device manager with powerlogger connected and key on?

Showing in device manager as running. If you go the PLC gauges tab nothing is moving hit f8 still nothing.

Ok, in device manager, see if you can tell what COM port # the Powerlogger is using. You might have to right click on it and go into properties.

Also, look to see on the Powerlogger "config and download" tab, if in the "communication setup" if the automatic box is checked. You could try unchecking it and manually setting the COM port.

Task manager does not have properties. Am I looking at the right thing ? Shows it running but properties not an option

Task manager does not have properties. Am I looking at the right thing ? Shows it running but properties not an option

You should be looking in the DEVICE Manager, then the Ports section. Once you click on ports you should see powerlogger there, and it should tell you what port it's using, if not right click it.

Well, in WIN7 you go into control panel, then click on Device Manager, then look down the list for Ports.

In that case, right click My Computer
click Properties
click Hardware Tab
click Device Manager button.

Says port comm 1. That is what I have sm set to.
What is the next step? I thought the scanmastr readings were same data as pl. is that not true?

Here is a log idling before it came up to tempature

Attachments

• LogFile3.005.dat
    333 KB · Views: 68
Both those logs are the same thing (cold coolant temp). But so far it looks ok. You can set param 6 to an odd number to turn on closed loop if you want.

There should be another one idling up to tempature and some driving around. Let me know how they look to you.

Attachments

• LogFile3.006.dat
    208.6 KB · Views: 70
  • LogFile3.007.dat
    293.6 KB · Views: 37
  • LogFile3.008.dat
    166.4 KB · Views: 50