Scanmaster o2 Readings

TurboV6Olds

This may be a dumb question but here goes. I connected the LC-1 wideband and my MAP sensor to my powerlogger today and after starting the car the readings on the scanmaster were showing the same as the wideband. The scanmaster use to show the o2 volts but now it is the same as the wideband. Is this normal or have I done something wrong? :confused:

This may be a dumb question but here goes. I connected the LC-1 wideband and my MAP sensor to my powerlogger today and after starting the car the readings on the scanmaster were showing the same as the wideband. The scanmaster use to show the o2 volts but now it is the same as the wideband. Is this normal or have I done something wrong? :confused:

I'm assuming you have the upgrade chip in the SM since it's showing powerlogger data.
If so, Yes, showing wideband data on the main screen is normal which is MUCH more important than O2 readings. But if you want to see O2, that data point is buried deep into the modes. Just keep clicking through the sensors, you eventually come across it.

The scanmaster has some extra stuff when interfaced with the powerlogger.

In the powerloggers config page (f3) ther is a scanmaster button that will pop up a window with the optional items that can be displayed.

un-check wideband box to make the sm display o2 volts but like Dave says, your better off seeing the wb. That is unless you already have a wb gauge.

Thank You

I'm assuming you have the upgrade chip in the SM since it's showing powerlogger data.
If so, Yes, showing wideband data on the main screen is normal which is MUCH more important than O2 readings. But if you want to see O2, that data point is buried deep into the modes. Just keep clicking through the sensors, you eventually come across it.

The scanmaster has some extra stuff when interfaced with the powerlogger.

In the powerloggers config page (f3) ther is a scanmaster button that will pop up a window with the optional items that can be displayed.

un-check wideband box to make the sm display o2 volts but like Dave says, your better off seeing the wb. That is unless you already have a wb gauge.

Thanks for the info. I have learned so much about these cars on Turbo Buick and still have a ALOT to learn. :smile:

Thanks again,

Rick Headrick