scanmaster numbers???????

drive805

to use the scanmaster as a tuning guide would be great if i knew what the numbers mean can someone give me a explanation also... the o2 volts are never steady even at a cruise they jump from 0-700 the real problem is pinging i have lowered the boost but still i get pinging this is what i have....stock injectors, to4H, thrasher chip ,walbro 340 hot wired ,ram air ,160 stat ,kenne bell adj. f p r , (fuel pressure is at 45 with line off) adj wastegate set at 14#, after a WOT pass or as much as i could (pinging) the o2 volts are at 790 and the retard reads from as high as 11.2 to as low as .7 any suggestions?

I think on the Thrasher you can only raise your FP to 47 max.
02 jumping all over the place are not a problem. You tune to you WOT 02 numbers. 790 is normally good but y'all have very poor gas (low octane) and I saw posted where it got worse 2-3 months ago. Even with that, something is wrong because you are getting to much knock with crappy gas.
What I would do: run some xylene with your gas and get some WOT figures to report. If it goes down, then your problem is octane or the lack of it. To cure, you will need to run xylene or go the alky way. You need to have less than 4 degree of knock and you try for 0.
If you still have high knock, then it might be false knock: DP hitting frame or in my case a transmission slipping.

PS Are you for sure your FP rises as you get into the boost. Remember FP must rise 1# for each # of boost.

more info

the octane here in so cal...is 91 supreme unleaded... the fuel pressure rises with boost aprox. 58 when pinging starts and i back out of it the retard has read as low as .7 and as high as 11.7 checked for a rattle on the down pipe it's stock so its not close to the frame but the heat shield was loose tightened it didn't make a difference for higher octane gas.... its expensive about $4.50 a gallon :eek: expensive to drive everyday:) :eek:

Save up your $$$ for alky. I would turn the boost down to 12# until you can afford the alky or you may be needing headgaskets.

tuning weekend

getting some xylene and reseting the tps and iac setting FP at 47 and setting boost at 16# hopefully this will workout i will let you all know what happened thanks